POS Agro

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I've had issues with my Streamlight Argo from day one.

Last night at work I decided enough was enough and did something about it.

argo.sized.jpg

It was a tough little bugger. I ran it over 4 times with a pickup truck with hardly any damage. It wasn't until I stuck it under the wheel of a pushback tug that I was satisfied.

My problem with the Argo is the 'on' sequence, which is bright, medium, and then dim.

I've been using it in medium mode because it doesn't last very long in bright. Even in med. I'm not getting the 2 1/2 hours SL claims. I did get 2 1/2 hours runtime in a test I did in Feb, but that was constant on. Real life runtime, with turning it on and off several times, was less than 1 1/2 hours.

Once the light decides the batteries don't have enough to operate in whatever mode its in, it turns off with no warning. Which would be fine if I could then turn it back on in a dimmer mode.

But that's the problem. The first on position is the bright mode and it just shuts back off. You can't click past bright fast enough to get to the dim position before the light shuts down.

The Argo needs to either be like the Septor, and turn on from dim to bright, or switch to dim and not off when it goes out of regulation.

Anyone want to buy a gently used Argo? The LED didn't break.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Now that's funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I like the Yukon HL and Quickbeam prefers the Matrix 2
I think you would like either of these. I highly value Quickbeams opinion and he has reviewed both. I don't have the Matrix 2 yet.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Keith,

I hope you will treat your brass Fire~Fly a little better than this poor Streamlight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keith, I can almost feel the satisfying release you got from offing the Argo. I, too, will on rare occasion, have fun destroying a crappy device - after all, it deserves such an end after it's abused your psyche.

gessner17

Enlightened
Looks like you had fun with yours....hehe, not to **** on your fire but I too bought the original argo and was displeased, I emailed streamlight and found out they redesigned it, new regulator, 4AAA and possibly better optics, still not sure on that one as I have not recieved it yet. They had me send the old one and are sending me the new one free of charge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chrisse242

Enlightened
Man I don't want to know what Keiths Monitor will look like after he read your post. Destroying a device and finding out you could have had it replaced for free with a better one must be real pain. Maybe he should send it to streamlight pointing to this thread and asking for a new one. They could prove they have a really outstanding customer service.

Chrisse

Darkaway

Enlightened
Just to play the devil's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif advocate here, I must say that I really like my Argo. Since I only use it for 30 minutes or so at a time, and I'm a fanatic about keeping my NiMH AAA's topped off, it works for me.

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Well, I received my replacement Argo today. It looks like the old Argo. It has 3 AAA's and the run time chart on the packaging hasn't changed.

The 'Streamlight Repair Supervisor' said he was sending me a new redesigned one. I didn't want the old one and I sure don't want this one. I'll put it in my Christmas box.

Does anyone know for sure that the new Argo will have 4 AAA's?

gessner17

Enlightened
Talked to my contact there, I think what happened was that the 4aaa was the original plan but then they changed back to a 3AAA and redesigned the regulator, he said they last much longer now.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Keith. Sorry to hear about your problems with the Argo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll suggest that you at least do a little testing before the light goes in your Christmas box. Maby the 'redesigning' done by the repair supervisor is a custom job only you will have. Maby you will receive a manufacturer modded Argo! Possible? You decide.

2dim

Enlightened
I found Streamlight very helpful. Ask to talk with one of the engineers, Remember the names of everyone you speak with. Their product guarantees satisfaction. Be courteous.