Ready For Service on Arc 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

simbad

Enlightened
I don't own a 4+ but I think has something to do when you change the battery, the light recognizes a fresh batt and flashes.

m1match

Newly Enlightened
Ready for service is as Arcoholic says. It flashes through the brightness levels when a battery is changed so you know it can drive the light to it's brightest level. Also when off, it flashes a very dim flash to tell you it has power. I personally don't want my light flashing when off, so I turn this option off. Its the 5th option in the options menu and can be toggled on and off.

Arcoholic

Enlightened
I believe that you will only see the light flash in the off position with RFS on, if the light is very cold and the LED very efficient. I think that the circuit discharges periodically.( covered in another thread somewhere)
I do not use this option on any of my 4`s.

m1match

Newly Enlightened
I have a Arc 4+ second and if RFS is set in the on position, I can see it flash in a totally dark room, but even then it's very dim. I don't have a use for this feature, so I also turned it off.

coccolithophorid

Newly Enlightened
I noticed this also (the subtle blinking) and thought it was a defect. I contacted Arc and Peter told me to send it back, so I did. I called Arc today and they said it shouldn't blink, and that they didn't program it that way. The woman I spoke with at Arc said that the one she was looking into did not blink with the RFS option turned on. But if you just hold your hand around the lens, you probably won't see it. The thing is, I don't know if Arc is really aware of this, I only noticed it in a room so dark that if I held my hand in front of my face, I couldn't see it, and even then I had to look directly into it. My girlfriend had to watch it for 4 or 5 blinks before she could even see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.