Where to buy Dorcy AAA?

Tremelune

Newly Enlightened
Okay, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find these things anywhere. I tried to Google around, but this doesn't seem like too mainstream a light...nothing on eBay...

I found some places that were out of stock, and I found coolflashlights.com, which wants $10 and I've never heard of them...Anyone know if they're legit? I want three...

Tremelune

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thanks! That's just what I was looking for. I don't have any Walmarts around Boston, but there is a Target I can check out.

I lost my CMG Infinity Ultra, then I lost my Arc AAA, and now I'm not spending $25+ on a little flashlight...

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
No problem. As you've seen, Target charges two bucks more for the things than Walmart (7.99 vs. 5.94), and they only come in silver, whereas Walmart has gold, blue and red.

Still a great little flashlight for the bucks. Brighter hotspot and bigger spill than my Arc AAA and bluer beam than my Ultra (which is kinda green), but certainly not as well built as either of the other lites.

When you get to Target, you'll see they also sell Dorcy 1xAA, 2xAA and C cell lights, too.

daloosh

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Go outside and turn right. You're bound to run into a Target or Wal-Mart in less time than it will take to locate the nearest one.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Tremelune said:
Okay, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find these things anywhere. I tried to Google around, but this doesn't seem like too mainstream a light...nothing on eBay...

I found some places that were out of stock, and I found coolflashlights.com, which wants $10 and I've never heard of them...Anyone know if they're legit? I want three...

[/ QUOTE ]
Dorcy Home Page is "down", and has been for several days, which means (I hope) that they are gearing it up for direct Internet sales, as the Canadian rep has been promising me for a few months now. Maybe you will be able to order from them soon.

I also thought some CPF'ers said they bought these lights at Costco?

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Tremelune,

Let me know if you can't find them... I've been thinking about getting them, and I know for a fact that the local OSH B&M has them for $8.99...

This might be a good excuse for me to buy one to see what the fuss is about, and send you some... (of course you'll have to pay me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I already have an Arc-AAA and CMG Infinity, so it's not like I _need_ one... But.. having said that, I already like the idea of being able to beat the crap out of it and not feel any guilt... (whereas the Arc is a) expensive, b) rare)

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcy web site is back online but I don't see anything about Internet sales...DARN!

Tremelune

Newly Enlightened
Target was a dismal failure. All they had were, like, Energizer and Eddie Bauer lights.

I'm still looking online, but I'd much rather pay $24 for three than $30 for three. $6 much rather.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do want to say, do whatever you got to do to get your hands on one of these. Just a small review...
I went to the local walmart to pick one up cause I finnaly sent in my Arc4 and Arc AAA for service, and I thought that I wouldnt get the AAA back for weeks like everyone else(ended up being dead wrong and got them both back in 5 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, Thanks Arc). Anyways, I saw the fantastic price of only $5.98 for a Dorcy AAA and picked up two, thinking I could give one away or see what one could withstand before it totally got destroyed. Well its been 3 days now, and I have abused the ever living crap out of it! I have thrown it on the concrete streets outside and it withstood it with hardly a scratch. I have dropped it from the second story of my school onto some tile, totally fine. Thrown it down the aisles at work(Grocery store)... Still works. I would like to see how long, if at all it could take of water. I am pretty sure it wasnt waterproof, but hey, at $6, why not?! The light itself, isnt the greatest at all. It has some green tint to it on the outter edge of the flood and hot spot. I havent taken the other out of its package to see if it has the same tint, but still not bad. The beam isnt as well shaped as the Arc AAA either. Its not a big deal if it breaks or gets lost due to the price and as soon as you get it, you dont need to baby it like you kind of want to do with a arc. I am not saying that its better than a Arc AAA. It fails at alot comparitively, but if you dont have the $30 for and Arc, I think its the next best keychain light. Just my little but of info, have a good night!
Cameron

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm considering doing another group buy of these if these would be interest. Price would be between around $7.50 - $8.00 each shipped in the US, less if you buy more. Thoughts?

-Mike

indenial

Enlightened
I have at least a half-dozen Targets in my area and they no longer carry the Dorcy LED lights. Regarding Costco, I'm told that only a few of the Costco stores throughout the entire country carry the Luxeons. What gives with Dorcy?

Tremelune

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, I still haven't found a place that'll sell these suckers for less than $10 each....I'd do that, but I'd rather do $7ea....BAH! I'm in no hurry, but I'm an impulse buyer!

alberto

Enlightened
My local Walmart SuperCenters have them in various colors, and my local Target stores have them only in Silver color. Based on the length of time that Walmarts in my area have had them, I think they are there to stay, but it's possible that Target is selling them only on a trial program, although SuperTarget does sell the 3 and 4 LED versions, while Walmart does not.

jbrett14

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Tremelune said:I don't have any Walmarts around Boston

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? No Wal-Mart in Boston /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.

CiTY

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Tremelune said:
Seriously, I still haven't found a place that'll sell these suckers for less than $10 each....I'd do that, but I'd rather do $7ea....BAH! I'm in no hurry, but I'm an impulse buyer!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm heading out to walmart this week, and I plan to drive by the BC area next week sometime. PM me to see if we can work this out.

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
$7.99 at my local Target... I wonder if this is a YMMV issue amongst stores, but the store I visited also had:

- Generic LED mini-lanterns for $12.99

- Generic LED/Xenon Combo Lamps $19.99

I wonder if all Targets carry them now, or if this is a store special by a flashaholic store manager...

I'll probably check out another Target and see if they have them, too...

Speaking of which, the local Target had a Garrity 2C x 2 and 2AA x 2 flashlight pack (including batteries) for $5. That's 4 flashlights with batteries for $5. Not bad... I mean, they're crappy and all, but it's still dirt cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I picked up another Red Dorcy 1AAA at Walmart the other night. They seem to always have them in stock now... I guess production got ramped up, or maybe the pipeline is getting full.

If worse came to worse, I could probably send you a couple for pretty cheap.