Its one of those Sunday nights

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
You all know what I am talking about. No one is around. Your bored like crazy. You have a pain in your chest from the want of somthing to do. You have done nothing all weekend and are dying to do somthing. What to do? Remember, no one is talking to you, for they are all doing somthing with the family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif. The internet has gotten extremly boring, nothing is on TV. Ah! Going Crazy! What to do!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If it's dark where you are, just whip out a flashlight or two or three or four and fire those babies up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tygger

Enlightened
If you've got the luxury of money to spend (unfortunately i don't) nothing beats the blues like researching and ordering a new light, or two, or three.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about looking into a Pila G2 as a matter of fact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. That and I am also needing an AC adapter for my Streamlight. Unfortunatly, I dont have my Arc4 nor ArcAAA. Both are in the shop for repairs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I could go turn off some streetlights though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I'll trade ya... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

My daughter is on her way here from Phoenix to pick up my truck because she was in yet another accident with her car... this makes 5 claims on my insurance in 2 years... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

In addition, she may get evicted from her apartment tomorrow because she found out yesterday that her roommate's boyfriend listed her address as his residence when he had to register as a sex-offender... meanwhile, she's been trying to get her roommate out for about two months now and she won't leave... cops are involved... lawyers... etc... want my "boring" evening? ... it's yours... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
You need a couple of horses and a place to keep them. I promise you will ALWAYS have something to do. No boredome here.
Fester
PS I live almost out in the country. It gets really dark here. Good thing I just happen to have a flashlight (or 20).

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 claims in two years!!!!. WOOOOOOOO I would be pissed if that was on my insurance. Actually, I'm surprised that she can even get insurance.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like quite the evening you have wrapped up right there. But I think I will stick with mine. You have a few guns, use them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif! And the accident reminds me, I need to take care of my speeding ticket tommorow. See, we all have some similiar issues going on here. Except some are, lets say, high priority(yours). I hope the best on that situation though Sasha.
Cameron

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cameron -

You live in Texas. Get a couple of artificial baits, throw a rod and an open faced reel in the back of the truck. Get a couple of lights and take a ride to the nearest body of water. There must be one within 30 minutes of you.

This way you have a destination and a purpose. Don't bring your own soft-drink. Buy one at a convenience store. There will be two pretty girls there and they will smile at you.

When you reach your lake or river or coast don't get the rod and reel out. Just walk a bit and breath. Enjoy some silence. Indentify a few planets. That smell? That's freedom.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The highlight of my evening was watching "Supermillionaire". But I'm not really complaining. I'm researching PDAs. May buy a Tungstan E just to fool around with for a newbie PDA.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak, I can't thank you for the idea... yet. It truly sounds so perfect, but the fact that I have school tommorow stops me from living that idea. But I promise, I will use your idea, and when I do, wether it be this upcoming weekend, during the Summer, or 10 years from now, I will be sure to thank you then.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great idea. Of course, picturing your description made me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif nothing like a snooze under the stars in the air conditiong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I remember the feeling Cameron describes very well when I was in late high school. The girls all stayed home and were happy as clams. Us tomcats were a sullen and morose bunch. Sitting by ourselves, slunk down in the bucket seats of our muscle cars nursing a coke in a hamburger drive-in. If we were lucky, a couple of girls would zip in for the requisite "Dr. Pepper with alot of ice and french fries". Their hair would be in curlers covered by a bandana. Do girls even use curlers anymore?

They were totally not into what ever we were hoping for.

Only three channels on TV. I don't remember if Public ran on Sunday night or not.

No internet.

No Movie rentals.

No computer or video games.

My sons are impressed that we survived such austere upbringings. I am too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im watching the movie called the inlaws it is very good ive seen it a few times since wednedsaay but this is the first time i started from begining it is very funny.i was going to go to walmart but there adding on to it so it is a big mess man it will be huge when completed

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, Lets think. Yep, thats my life you just described. Its sad how women, and for the most part, everyone dont value others Hobbies. For instance, mine is flashlights obviously, and 99% of my friends think its a retarded hobby. Yet its so useful! When are those people who collect model cars ever going to have any use for their hobby! Not that car collecting is bad, but hey! Face it! You can drive em! At least my lights could potentially save my life. Yet they dont listen. Which then gets you to where I am at and where you said, BC0311. Whats ironic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif is that I indeed went to Wendys a half hour ago and got me some food, not a coke, but a DP, which is just as good. And as for my bucket seats in my muscle car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif... can my old Honda Civic hatchback qualify /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif?
Cameron

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Cameron, a gallon of premium gasoline cost about 25 cents back then. I gave my two oldest sons 4 cylinder cars.

I paid $3200.00 for a brand new 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396. You could buy a brand new house back then for what is paid for a car nowadays.

I know what you mean about how many view our hobby. Take a bunch of your friends out camping. Then get 'em all worked up with a conversation about the Blair Witch Project or a local urban legend. Then when someone hears sumpin off in the woods....whip out your best flamethrower and light it up.

Girls will love ya, boys will want to be like ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Have a good week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif you too Ragu !

Britt

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
.i was going to go to walmart but there adding on to it so it is a big mess man it will be huge when completed

[/ QUOTE ]

Congradulations Raggie! Around here they move out of a 4-6 year old building into a new BIG one across the road or such.

Of about a dozen I know of, only one was added on to...

Several moved. And MANY are just NEW construction!

It don't make a lot o sense.....

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol playboy what mazes me is how fast there doing it and it stays open 24/7 i go there every week or so and im always shocked .as to how much it grew.there new electronics section is amazeing it has so much stuff.i cant wiat to they have a food section .the prices ive seen at other super walmarts for meats was pretty good

Kristofg

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bobisculous said:
For instance, mine is flashlights obviously, and 99% of my friends think its a retarded hobby.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is a retarded hobby during the daytime, there is no use denying it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif However, once nightfall sets in and the lights go out...

Oh man, I need to reorganise my life. I probably should be paying attention to my girlfriend once the lights go out and not to my flashlights.

[ QUOTE ]

When are those people who collect model cars ever going to have any use for their hobby! Not that car collecting is bad, but hey! Face it! You can't drive em!

[/ QUOTE ]
I collect Radio controlled cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And yes, I do mod them with working led headlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif