Dorcy AAA LED - not such a good deal !!

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I was sufficiently impressed with the Dorcy AAA LED to buy a couple, then a couple more, then a couple more. Because the price is right and the little light actually puts out as much light as just about any other 1AAA LED out there, I find myself giving them away to friends and not being embarrassed. Sort of their entry into the world of LED lights. I've now decided that they aren't such a good deal because I've spent enough to get a good Surefire and only have one Dorcy AAA of my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the price of evangelism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know that header guarantees a bunch of lookers. I couldn't figure out how it couldn't be a great deal, I too bought a bunch of them and have given them to friends and people who appear to need to learn about LED lights and their ability to extend the usefulness of a battery. CCs 20 for$20 coin cell LEDs are the best deal but there are wally worlds almost everywhere.

Aten_Imago

Banned
The Good deal was YOU!
We need more people like you spreading joy through generosity. Surely you must know the Dorcy AAA motto....
" Give a Surefire and you bring light to one person, but give fifty Dorcy AAA's and you bring enlightenment to many!"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yukon_Jack said:
I was sufficiently impressed with the Dorcy AAA LED to buy a couple, then a couple more, then a couple more. Because the price is right and the little light actually puts out as much light as just about any other 1AAA LED out there, I find myself giving them away to friends and not being embarrassed. Sort of their entry into the world of LED lights. I've now decided that they aren't such a good deal because I've spent enough to get a good Surefire and only have one Dorcy AAA of my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Aten_Imago said:
..... Surely you must know the Dorcy AAA motto....
" Give a Surefire and you bring light to one person, but give fifty Dorcy AAA's and you bring enlightenment to many!"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one Aten /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

jbroker83

Enlightened
I just gave my last two away.....and like has been mentioned before by many....it's a great entry light into LED's.......I'm very happy with Dorcy for making such an affordable yet quality light.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up 2 of them this weekend and was really impressed with them. They're as bright or brighter than my other AAA lights and I really like the pushbutton on the tail and the rubber grip. And for $5.92 you can't beat them. What a pleasant surprise these lights are!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Dorcy AAA and wow! they hit a home-run with this light. This could become the new Mini-Mag in terms of mass popularity, especially since they are streaming out of Wal*Mart and Target stores (empty displays at 2 locations here). Time will tell how they hold up, but the output is great even using a half-spent alkaline battery or a rechargeable NiMH battery.

Now if we could just figure out how to replace the head with something smaller, this would really be dangerous. I wonder if a gutted tail-cap could be used as a smaller head...Hmmm.