2?..about SF M3 w/Pilas and PT Surge.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have a few questions about the above flashlights.

First, I have been using pila's with my M3 and it seem that when I use to use 123s with it the light seems brighter and whiter than with the Pila's. When I use to put brand new 123's in and also put 8 new AAs into my surge, the M3 had a whiter, brighter beam. When I would put fully charged pila's in the M3, the surge blows it away in brightness. Are the pila's just not as powerful as 123s?

2nd, Everytime I change batteries on the surge and put the battery holder back into the body, the bulb flashes real fast and then blows the bulb. This has happened 2 times already. I have to remove the bulb before I put the battery holder back into the body now so it won't blow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
123s have a lotta ooomph = more amps and volts and hold their power output to the same level for a long period. that said i have not owned pilas and can only surmise that any rechargable wont stak up to 123s.

keep in mind that incands draw more juice than leds and will show the affects of low power faster than leds

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
What kind of batteries are you putting in the Surge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Energizers.

Thanks for the replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I also understand that some rechargeables need to be set aside after charging to allow the cells to equalize. Seems some cells over-charge and have an excess of voltage and can blow a bulb if used too soon.

Make sure the batteries are mounted correctly...two groups of 4 (6v) NOT one group of 8 (12v).