Hoover L1400 SpinSweep Outdoor Sweeper

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent a good half an hour sweeping leaves just from the curb around my house this past Sunday. Dad decided to order something he has seen on an infomercial, the Hoover SpinSweep. He bought it from Amazon.

I'm curious to see what do you guys think of this. Does anybody own one, and how do you like yours?

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

More Information

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one, but the user reviews are excellent at Amazon. Looks like an interesting device, I may have to look into one of these.

How do you like yours Aaron?

Peter

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is on it's way right now. I will post in this thread what I think of it, when it arrives. I hope this will be an easy to use tool, that will help me with my weekend gardening, and cut down on the time it takes me.

We have pretty nice landscaping at my house; lots of plants and grass all over. My dad and I take care of it oursevles, which can be a pain. I'm looking forward to using the SpinSweep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived today!

First things first; only get Amazon's free shipping if you don't mind waiting a month or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Well the SpinSweep is almost ready to use out of the box. All you have to do is put on the handles, and that's a breeze. No tools necessary other than two hands. On inspection, the SpinSweep seems well designed, and has some nice features. The brushes are large, and hold their shape well. There are two wall gliders on the front corners, and it is really able to pick up those little things laying agaisnt a wall, fence, or garage. The container which holds the debri is easily detached from the unit, and easily emptied. On the back of the unit is a height adjuster, which you can use for varying surfaces and size of debris.

The SpinSweep works exactly as advertised. I was a little skeptical, having seen it on an infomercial and all, but it really does perform as demonstrated. I thought that maybe it would just pick up the bigger leaves, and leave lots of little things behind, but it actually does a very nice job of picking those things up.

Overall, I am very impressed. I do have one complaint. The turning is awful. It is really hard to turn the unit. I think it's supposed to be able to turn; the front wheels can move around, but it does horribly. I think the mechanism that makes the brushes turn is hard to combine with allowing the wheels to turn. Other than that though, I like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif