Slaying the Beast with Your Light Sabre

Photonian

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever... say... stopped a charging wild boar or thwarted a radical Islamic terrorist with their EDC photon cannon?

Just curious because all I ever use mine for is scaring rabbits, squirrels and the occasional cat while walking the dog. OK, maybe once in a while I'll shine it in the neighbors window for a quick impish thrill. Sure, I bought a SureFire figuring I score big with the babes but most seem to think only a geek walks around with a flashlight in broad daylight. My current love interest says she's leaving if I continue to read books under the covers with my Longbow.

I can't help it. Like a moth, I'm drawn to small portable daylight. Am I the only guy who ever tried to saw a MiniMag in half using my SureFire E2e with HA3 finish? Is this a guy thing?

naromtap

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

I can't help it. Like a moth, I'm drawn to small portable daylight. Am I the only guy who ever tried to saw a MiniMag in half using my SureFire E2e with HA3 finish? Is this a guy thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Photonian did your E2e make it through your Mag, I too have read the same claims & often lye awake at night wondering?!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok - i didnt stop anyone from killing me -
but my Pelican M11 (i know its too big to EDC) stopped me from using my baton on an offender - he stopped thinking about escape and layed down and complied
one of the guys at work has had an offender knock himself out cold after a blast in the face from a SL Stinger
(he ran into a fencepost)
and know i havent tried sawing a mag in half with my HA3 SF
dont want to mess up the mag - it still gets used.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried shining my Surefires at wild boars, owls, dogs and even cats. All of them seem nonchalent to my light. Most of the time they will keep still, sometimes staring right into my light, sometimes turning their head away and none ran or flew away.

Andy Ho

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Which Surefires, at what distances? Were any of the animals advancing toward you and stopped when illuminated? Wild boars are no joke, hope you had lethal defense handy though I suspect your carry options are pretty limited in Singapore.

Brightnorm

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I tried sawing a minimag with my e2e. It works, but it also scratches up the HA3. Although HA3 is a hell of a lot harder than typeII, it still gets scratched. It's like drilling metal with a hardened drill. The drill still eventually dulls.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
Which Surefires, at what distances? Were any of the animals advancing toward you and stopped when illuminated? Wild boars are no joke, hope you had lethal defense handy though I suspect your carry options are pretty limited in Singapore.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]
My M2 with P61, and now KL5 instead. My G2Z with P61 also. My friend's Z3 with P90 and another friend's L4 and C3.

When all are pointed at a wild boar at about 10 metres away it just stood there and refused to move. In Singapore we are not allowed to carry knives and guns but if in a rural island like Pulau Ubin which is situated north-east of mainland Singapore we can still justify carrying a knife.

I don't really worry about the boar because the boar will not charge at you nor attack unless threatened. We were cycling along a trail one night when we got in between a pigglet and mama boar by accident. We were given chase by mama boar and one of my friend got knocked down from his bike. As the boar was about to attack him one more time we made a lot of noise to distract it before cycling off. My friend got on his bike and made a run for it again. At that time we don't even know Surefire.

Andy Ho

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I have shined my MaxaBeam at some wildlife and they did not seem to care too mutch, it was at a good distance and this one little tasty looking creature kept staring back into the beam, The reflected light from it's eyes was so dang bright I lowered the power and widened out the beam. I just hope that poor little creature could see after that!

juancho

Enlightened
We used to go and watch the bears at the dump (yeras ago before they closed the dumps) In Minerva and Newcomb in the Adirondacks, N. Y. was the thing to do saturday night, and some time we will see as many as seven bears eating and rutting for food down in the pit.
We tried not to use big flashlights, so not to scare them off, but some other people will come out with a big spotlight (about 200.000 cdp. was big years ago) but the bears were not disturbed at all.
Sometimes they will stare into the beam for a few seconds and them will go back to feed.
I used to take pictures too and the flash dind't seem to bother them.
Juan C.

juancho

Enlightened
Just last year in November during the hunting season in the Catskill Mountains, I was hunting out of the house, and trying not to spook any deer when walking in the woods before daylight, I was using a Inova X5T with red LED's it is plenty of illumination to walk and deer don't see red light, so I was assure of not to be noticed (If I managed to walk quietly)
My hunting buddy come out of the woods early, went to town and bought in Wal-Mart for $35.00 a super spotlight three and a half million candlepower
Later on he was using this light from the porch to illuminate two does more than 150 yards away.
They keep munching at the edge of the field and this powerful ligth dind't bother them at all.
Was only when my buddy tried to close the distance and was 80 yards away than they spook and ran thru the field and into the woods beyond.
Juan C.

Undark

Newly Enlightened
Well, here's something for y'all to try:
If it's not too bright inside your home and you have one
of these disgusting fat flies in the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
that just won't leave... If you have trouble "silencing" it -
whip out your 120 lumen light
and shine it on the "beast" for a while.
Those flies here in germany didn't move during the time
and after you switch off the light you can take 'em
out - they won't fly away!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't touch some of the flies here in Singapore. Some of them carry germs on their legs and there is one particular species defecate micro parasitic worms. Yucks!!!

Undark

Newly Enlightened
Probably some got me wrong - I didn't burn it...
I used the light for blinding the fly; and it worked quite
well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif