Lumamax-1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered this Surefire model. Will be my first Surefire, although I have tried an incadescent Surefire before. The incadescent had nice beam quality, but suffered from the yellowness of incads.

I'm hoping the L1 will come with a nice luxeon white beam AND good beam quality.

Phil_B

Enlightened
I doubt you'll be disapointed .357,as this is a handy little light with two power settings and a fair output on high.
the worst thing about it? the slight purple tint in the beam when shone on any white surface.well pleased with mine,hope you will be too.
If you like the size/shape etc,try an L4,MUCH whiter and very bright.Wicked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phil_B said:
I doubt you'll be disapointed .357,as this is a handy little light with two power settings and a fair output on high.
the worst thing about it? the slight purple tint in the beam when shone on any white surface.well pleased with mine,hope you will be too.
If you like the size/shape etc,try an L4,MUCH whiter and very bright.Wicked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to wait for 5-watters to have more life (than 500 hours) before going with an L4. Someday though, I will get one.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ehh....why is the beam on my Lumamax-1 (just got it today) deep purple??

Everything else about the flashlight is nice, except the color of the beam. Why isn't Surefire using a whiter luxeon??