Arc rant....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
May I? Or will it end in a horrible flame fest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I typed up a rant on my short experience with Arc products, but I really don't feel like heaping it on, or doing it in the wrong place etc.

Just feel the need to vent.

Wishing Peter the best,

Lukejt

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Luke. Please send me an email or better yet a call (1-888-752-8554 x202). I look forward to hearing from you.

If I don't hear from you I am sorry for your negative experience. We have had some difficulty lately that has made customer service quite a challenge. Excuses do not apply to this type of relationship so I am sorry for mistakes we have made.

Peter

Bill.H

Enlightened
Peter,

Responses like the one you posted above are why you have my very best wishes that it all calms down soon and that you'll continue to be successful. Hang in there, we're pulling for you.

It's no exaggeration to say my 2 Arcs are the best lights I own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Best wishes and Good Luck!

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I'm being misled by the online pics of AAA beamshots. Peter, is the beam on the AAA supposed to be nice and even? What about tint?

Lukejt

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter- the 2 AAA's I got work fine. They are fairly blue, but very bright! No problems w/ intermittent operation.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beams are normal. There will be some rings and other difference in contrast in a top rank Nichia. This is common for all 5mm types actually but the Nichias are some of the best. The tint will be blue in the center with green on the outside. This too is normal but the Nichias are less blue than other brands.

Running the LED through an optic or reflector can blend the beam together and hide some of the variations.

Peter

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
Peter, what are the problems with the AA. I have 2 that I am going to give as presents and I want to make sure they are not going to have problems. Is there a way to tell if they are good without using them a lot.
Thanks
Scott

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume you are talking about what the previous issues were because the AAs we are currently produced have not had any problems reported.

Peter

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
so far so good I just got some and no problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Thanks Peter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif(ARC 5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would check them out before you gave them because they might be from the older batch. If they seem fine then they are less likely to develope a problem in the future.

Peter

sstrauss

Newly Enlightened
What is the problem I should be looking for? I could not find any previous posts on this issue.

Scott

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, now maybe I understand your question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Previous problems were sometimes the light would not turn on with a fresh battery but 10 seconds later it would and occasional flickering. Both have been fixed in the past 2 months.

Peter

Tythe

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Arc AA today and it does not work every time turned on, works maybe 75% of the time. Also noticed that the beam is off center, about 10 inches at 3 feet.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get it from us directly or through a reseller? If through a reseller it may be old stock.

If it is just newly from us, I would really really like to see that unit!

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.