Wanted : Simple 123pack for Pr-T head

HgRyu

Enlightened
Why nobody make 123 pack for PR or PR-T head ?
I think especially simple(with no knurl) 123 pack(1 X CR123A) with PR-T head will be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
No need to make knurl, no clikie, simple and short with low cost. Guess ! Isn't it great ?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, something like this -
prtheaddownshot123bod.jpg

from here

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
patience is a virtue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

as far as a "twisty" head for the mclux/surefire, i dont' think it's a good idea, because they just were'nt designed for it. screw off too far, and you risk wateproofness and the head coming off completely, and don't twist enough and it could potentially turn back on.
the only good way to use a twisty with a mclux pr head, would be to use 2 pieces for the tailcap. what i've done in the past (don and jtice have done this also), is to build an adapter to use a mclux/surefire head with an arc ls twisty body. thta way, the mclux part stays threaded securly the entire time (as it was intended), and the part that gets screwed/unscrewed is the arc side, which was designed to vork like that.

if you're really interested in a 1-123 twisty for your mclux pr, "vitalgear" bodies might work, but like i said earlier, the mclux head wasn't designed to be turned on and off like that, which makes the vitalgears a poor choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
patience is a virtue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

as far as a "twisty" head for the mclux/surefire, i dont' think it's a good idea, because they just were'nt designed for it. screw off too far, and you risk wateproofness and the head coming off completely, and don't twist enough and it could potentially turn back on.
the only good way to use a twisty with a mclux pr head, would be to use 2 pieces for the tailcap. what i've done in the past (don and jtice have done this also), is to build an adapter to use a mclux/surefire head with an arc ls twisty body. thta way, the mclux part stays threaded securly the entire time (as it was intended), and the part that gets screwed/unscrewed is the arc side, which was designed to vork like that.

if you're really interested in a 1-123 twisty for your mclux pr, "vitalgear" bodies might work, but like i said earlier, the mclux head wasn't designed to be turned on and off like that, which makes the vitalgears a poor choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. Anyway, it seems that the VitalGear 1x123 bodies are no longer in production or available for sale (probably the same for the 2x123s too). A new version is expected in July according to the distributor in Hong Kong.

Latest posts