Need LED gift buying advice for a friend ...

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
I have had an Arc AAA for 18 months and love it. I gave one as a gift to someone else a while back and he's happy with it.

A 2nd friend is somewhat familiar with the Arc AAA and seems to like it.

I have a $50 spending limit, what else is out there that should be on the short list, including the Arc AA?

He definitely wants an LED light and asked me to help him choose. I haven't been on this forum in the better part of 6 months so I'm looking for some advice. :)

Thanks very much in advance!

Chris Meisenzahl

flashlite

Enlightened
I recommend the Gerber Infinity Ultra. The Arc AA is also a very nice light but I prefer the longer runtime of the Infinity Ultra (2.5x longer).

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
one of haveblue's lights would be great for a gift...the Xnova AA or the Xnova BAAA...each at around $10.00.

Aten_Imago

Banned
I like the Xnova BAAA. It's bright and very elegant looking ( A tribute to Inova), However I would rather buy and gift 8 Dorcy AAA's in Silver each at $6.00 plus tax. Very useful beam and one of the cleanest beam colors I've seen coming out of 5mm nichia LED's. The tailcap alone is an award winner in my mind. Oh! I'm still trying to run the battery down after 3 months of every night use.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
one of haveblue's lights would be great for a gift...the Xnova AA or the Xnova BAAA...each at around $10.00.

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember though, these flashlights are not waterproof or peeproof, so that needs to be considered when deciding on a flashlight to give.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
For fifty bucks, you could do a combo, say the Ultra from Gerber, a AAA Dorcy from wallyworld or Tar-jet, a UKE 2AAA LED, and a handful of $1 pocketlights.

That covers EDC (Dorcy), long lasting EDC or coat pocket (ULtra), tough wet weather light (UKE), and stash cheapo lites in car/briefcase/office/kitchen/kids bag (coinlights). You get a versatile buncha lights, and the keepers run on AA or AAA.

Or you could blow your whole budget tracking the elusive Arc AAA or less elusive AA. Elusive in white, but at pocketlights, an Arc AAA turquoise, Gerber Ultra and shipping will clock you in at just over $50.

It doesn't make sense to go into lithium 123s if your friend is non-flashaholic, but I'll also throw out there, a 3AA Luxeon Task Light from Streamlight. Tough, bright lite, easily available power source, bulb lasts a long time, and about $40 shipped from brightguy.

daloosh

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
$50 could buy about 8 of the Dorcy aaa led lights from Walsmart. Batteries included by the way.
I take 2 of these with me to nightclubs on the weekends.