New 3W LS Jets22 Light

Jets22

Enlightened
Ok guys..I wanted to post a couple pictures of a new light I'm making. Please remember that my photo skills are horrible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

This is a new custom, built around select Lux 3 emitters and MM+ converters. (thanks Wayne) The first photo is the head, it is a two piece design with a Knurled bezel retaining collar. The design allows a convertible beam option.. You can use the polished optic area and get a nice area work light.... or unscrew the bezel collar and drop in a fraen low profile optic for a tight focused beam. (simple screw the collar down and the optic retaining collar will hold and center the optic)

The body will come with two powerpacks.. Both are two piece designed and the head is interchangable between both powerpacks. Similar to the "N" cell body layout. The first powerpack is set up for a 123 cell. This offers a stand on tail and attatchment points indexed every 120 degrees into the tail. The second powerpack is a CR2. This offers the smallest configuration and has a flat bottom stand on tail (no attatchment points on this ) Both powerpacks use the new variable high low switches in the tail..

These will all be machine polished and then hand finished by me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
These shots are of the prototype I finished milling today.. I have actually built one of the heads out today and it looks great..either with the low profile optic or flood . (added tonight) I am making the tail sections interchangable also..you will be able to run the flat bottom or indexed tails on either powerpack.. So you can pick and choose configuation.. Also both powerpacks will have there own high low switches installed in the tail..You will not have to move 1 switch around. I machined this new version tonight and it works perfect..thought you guys would like the upgrades.

Hope ya like the photos guys...Well..at least the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif web page web page web page web page web page web page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
I'll take one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Please, put me first on your list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Awesome project, nice flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

sygyzy

Enlightened
Very cool. I like it. Some questions:

1. What sort of converter/Lux3's are you using?

2. Does the area that you drop the optic in account for the tab? Are you supposed to remove the tab?

3. Why are the powerpacks two piece? What purpose is there in seperating a powerpack into two?

4. What are the new high low switches you refer to?

5. Since they are all made of one material and so small, is there alot of heat? Will your hand get hot holding it?

6. Availability and price?

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Looks awesome, Jets! Very useful and small.
Same questions as Sygyzy, centering around when will you be making them and what will they set us back?

daloosh

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Oh man... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

You keep turning out eye-popping Arc LS customs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Britt

Jets22

Enlightened
Well, you can't be first..the first 3 are sold....but your first on this list.. that's a good thing. Appreciate the positive feedback.

kevindick

Newly Enlightened
Hey, is this light any different from the one I just bought from you (and am eagerly awiting it's delivery)? I want to know whether I should feel smug at having got one early or should be preparing myself to dip into the old mad money again.

Jets22

Enlightened
The optic (if used) rests at the bottom of the head.. The tab does not need removed because the collar is what is centering the optic, not the head. The tab is actually above the edge of the head but the design of the collar holds it in place..

The arc custom (actually the CPF auction light) in the picture is for scale. The new light is smaller in diamater than the modified arc customs I built. It also has more mass in the design to aid in heatsinking.

Price..new someone would ask. Hate this part...My Arc 3W customs were $155.00 delivered.. These will be around $165.00 give or take delivered (within the U.S) This is will both powerpacks. High low switches all the goodies.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
That light is huge! Joking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Awesome light. Looks to kill everything else regarding size to lumen ratio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Brock, do you know how many you are planning on building?

Jets22

Enlightened
looks like only a run of 25 lights right now..some are alreadys sold..There is not going to be much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif around here for the next few weeks.. Appreciate all the positive feedback guys..

Jets22

Enlightened
I'm going to open this up to paypal confirmed orders on these..same as the N-cells.. The price will be $165.00..I'll try to do that including shipping guys..but it will be tight. The people wanting one .can confirm the order below .. I will use the Paypal payments to confirm the order...Thanks guys

Monolith

Enlightened
Paypal sent for one....we'll see how long I last with only one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PS09

Enlightened
Hi Jets,
As I have write in previous post I take one,but I want to know the total included the shipping for the Italy.
I have sent also a pm.

Pietro.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am in for one, sure!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
beautiful.
bernhard

EDIT:
watertight?
other optix usable?
driver options?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Good choice Bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jets22, Ditto Pietro, I am always the first in this list, but I am waiting total amount before Paypal sending.
I want one for sure, don't sell my place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

daz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Brock,you are certainly making some real cool lights and the photos aren`t bad either...Can you put me down for one please...PayPal sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif