ARC AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGDave

Newly Enlightened
First off let me just say I LOVE my ARC flashlights!! Right now I have 2 AAA's and 1 AA. All 3 are super rugged and super bright! I am preparing to deploy for 18 months to Iraq and will be taking my AA with me as my primary light.
But there is one small problem - it only works 50% of the time, the AAA's are perfect! I would take them but it is hard to get AAA batteries from supply. So what is the deal with the AA???
The AA would be the perfect light for every Soldier and Marine in the field if it only came with a red LED (white light in the field is a NO NO!!) But I still use it in the Humvee and anywhere white light is approved.
Is there any way to get my AA fixed ?? And if someone accidently happened to put a red LED in it that would be SWEET!!!
Thanks!!!

SSG Dave

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello SSG Dave. When did you get your AA? It sounds like the old version with the bad chip. This has been fixed and the light works better than ever. Send it in quick so we can replace it under warranty before you ship out!

We make a red version but it is wholesale only. And no, I don't have samples, sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

SSGDave

Newly Enlightened
I have had it for a few months, I'll send it in today. Do I need an RMA number?
Also if you have a wholesale red version who could I buy one from???

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
No sir. Just include your contact and shipping information. Thank you for giving us an oppratunity to replace a bad chip in one of our lights.

Peter

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Hello SSG Dave. When did you get your AA? It sounds like the old version with the bad chip. This has been fixed and the light works better than ever. Send it in quick so we can replace it under warranty before you ship out!

We make a red version but it is wholesale only. And no, I don't have samples, sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, come on now, i would think that active duty personnel should have access to the red version(with proof of course). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

im not military or anything so this is purely an un-selfish opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

although, im sure you do have other things to stress about right now so........... Hoping the best for you and your business Peter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

SSGDave

Newly Enlightened
I actually have a red light from another manufacturer that I use now the only problem is the batteries will be hard to come by when I leave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery Station has some of the older Infinitys in red. I got tired of waiting for the new Gerber red, so I got a couple of them (the old infs). They are surprisingly bright-- I doubt the new ones will be much brighter. The price was right and I had them in a couple of days. The battery rattle is easy to fix by cutting a foam gasket (as in the Arcs). For gasket cutters I used a fired .44 pistol shell for the outside and a fired .32 shell for the inside. Emphasis on the "fired". You should be able to innovate just about anything to cut with -- maybe even small scissors!

Thanks for your service. Good luck and take great care.

Mattman

Enlightened
SSGDave, if you need a red AA powered light, you might want to post in B/S/T and see what gets offered. I'm sure Kevin at batterystation can get you hooked up with a red light if he's got any. We don't want people going to Iraq unprepared!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
SSGDave,
Good to see I am not the only guy that thinks the Arc AA would be great in the field. I have it hanging on a lanyard over my deployment bags as a reminder.
For red, I have an Arc AAA with a red LED (they exist!) It will go on the lanyard when the white Arc AAAs become available soon. You are correct with the inability to procure AAA batteries in the field (and C cells and 123a batteries also) I cheat and have a smart charger for AAA, AA and D cells. I do that medic thing and there is always electricity in the hospital so it works for me.
The CMG or Gerber Infinity is not as nice as the Arc AA but it is available with a red LED, uses AA batteries and runs a long time. There is nothing like being out there with a ultra-high quality light like the Arc, but the Infinity is durable.
Send your AA back, Peter is very quick with returns. Enjoy your Arcs on your deployment and tell people were you got it. I might see you over there, I will be the AF guy with all the gadgets and Arcs.

mridude

Newly Enlightened
I gave my buddy Staff Sgt. 'Brian' an AA 3 weeks ago. He will be shipping out on July 6th. He told me he was going to either Baghdad or Tikrit. His Mom thought he said 'Crete'... she was not very happy when he corrected her...He was very pleased with the light and wondered if there were 3rd party filters or if a red film... like colored seran wrap could be placed over the bezel. I thought perhaps the led might melt it.
BTW SSGDave: Brian informed me of a DD website called "lessonslearned" that will give those of you going overseas tips on what to bring and what to watch out for. Rechargeable batteries (try and keep the electrical items to all be using the same size) a charger, of course, voltage converter...preferably with a filter...'dirty' power over there and...an ipod! Makes sense...holds thousands of songs, uses a rechargable built in battery and flash memory.
God bless you and good luck Dave!

SSGDave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody for the replies! We have a tough couple of years ahead of us but we are going to make the best of it.
God bless you all and thanks so much for your support!!

SSG Dave

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
mridude,
Have my charger/NiMH batteries already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif For red, my Arc AAA with red LED will work well. If you really need one, Infinity makes a red AA that will run around 30 hours on a single AA, try that one out.
Floppy disks fail in the dust and sand of Iraq. The best way to transfer files, music and pictures is a USB flash drive. I have an Iomega Mini Micro on my keychain and with it's 128MB capacity, will be perfect over there. Get one of those!
Two equals one and one equals none, bring things in pairs to get you through. Arc AAAs are pefect for a neck lanyard so you can shower with it. Hard for it to "walk away" when it is around your neck.
Bring a multi outlet power strip with you...not the cheezy ones either. Tripp-Lite Isobars are great, made of aluminum channel, outlets are isolated from each other, has fuses and breakers and can handle lighting strikes (mine took three of them) It will clamp anything above 138 volts so your stuff will be safe.
I might see you over there in September, get those Arcs and stay safe.

mridude

Newly Enlightened
BentHeadTX,
Thanks for the input. Perhaps I need to clarify, my buddy BRIAN is going over to Irag, I will be staying here...in NYC. (Maybe I should be stocking up on survival gear, today we got word that NYC is a real target, again, this summer.)
I will be heading upstate to see friends and family Memorial Day weekend, I am cutting and pasting your suggestions and emailing them to Brian. Keep YOUR head down BentHeadTX...and I'll keep MY eyes open here. BTW, did you check out "lessonslearned" online. It requires a DD ID code to get in...maybe a few pearls there for you too. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.