Any fans of the series, Angel?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a clifhanger of a series finale. They should have had a two hour episode. The way it ended left me hanging more than any other ending series I've ever seen.

Anyone else care to post about it?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i wouldn't say i'm a "fan" (only caught on to the last season), but i did enjoy the show very mutch, and will be sad that it's gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i agree, the finale sucked serious straws.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was a big "Buffy" fan, and liked him more on that.

Angel is OK, but I don't like how darkly it is lighted... I realize that it is SUPPOSED to be dark, but even things in daylight are too dark. Half the time I might as well be "watching" it on the radio.

It seemed to get awfully contorted and lacking continuity about mid season.

Really though, the only reason I watch it at all anymore is that it comes on right after "Charmed". Love that Alyssa Milano, and the other gals aren't too hard on the eyes either.

I always liked the straight "Good versus Evil" shows, even when they are kind of stupid, writing and/or production wise.

LukeK

Enlightened
My sister was a fan of the show so I watched the last 6 episodes with her. I dunno what you guys are talking about -- I thought the finale was very good, especially considering I don't typically like shows like that. The whole point was to leave it open at the end, which I thought ended it quite nicely.

Oh and on the topic of 'Charmed' -- In my humble opinion, the actors/actresses on that show are probably some of the worst I've ever seen. But, to each his own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I found it less than desireable because there was no ending. Did they live, did they die? It just seemed like there should have been "To Be Continued" at the end. There were a LOT of demonic creatures coming their way. It is hard to imagine they prevailed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

unnerv

Enlightened
Yeah but what irked me is if they probably won't prevail, what is the point of killing off one of the characters on screen and not the others. Seems like they are setting up for sequel like they do in bad horror movies.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they are in negotiations with the cast to do more episodes, who knows. But because of the nature of the show, they could easily bring Wes back. I mean, they killed Buffy off and brought her back.

My wife liked Buffy, until they turned Buffy into this high maintenance, brooding, boring, self pittying, selfish train wreck. It got way too serious and lost it's fun side.

Then she started watching Angel, it was more fun, like the way Buffy started out.

We both kind of like watching these types of shows simply because they provide basic, mindless entertainment. And believe me when I tell you I'm mindles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I didn't get into Buffy until the final weeks, but I still watch all of the reruns now. Then I start getting into Angel a few months ago and find out the stupid thing is ending. Sounds like it was a good thing I missed the finale. I'll catch it in reruns though. I like that Fred chick--she's pretty cute.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Angel's great, I enjoy watching it too, but we're still waiting for the latest (I guess final season from the looks of it) season to get here on TV... Not big on Buffy, but my g/friend is big on both...

Hmm.. hang on, reading back to your posts, was the final episode of the season the one where Connor is finally happy, and W&H changes management? (trying not to divulge too much for those who haven't seen it yet..)