BP Stainless Steel Mini Clip ?

Glenn

Enlightened
Does anyone know if these clips can be purchased in a store or just on line from Berkley Point?
I would like to try one without paying more for the shipping than for the clip.

Glenn

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your best bet might be B/S/T right here. There have been some group buys for these in the past.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photonlight.com just started selling the little clip from the Photon Freedom Light as a separate part for, I think, $1.25 INCLUDING US shipping. I believe it is similar to the one you are asking about and a very cool little clip.

This is such a recent addition it may not be on the website yet, but you can call them.

It will be extremely hard to find the BP clip in a store.

Darell

Flashaholic
QRclip.gif

Here it is on their site.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another clip that also happens to be available on the very same page can be found on the end of their Photon Neck Lanyard product.

It doesn't look quite as cool and it is not quite as tiny, but I find it extremely easy to operate due to the way the gate is opened by the lever on the back. The lanyard is more money, but again, the price includes shipping. I have several that I use every day and I prefer this style, but both are great.
neck_lanyard.jpg

Glenn

Enlightened
Thanks to all for the Photon link for their clip.
I saw that they also have a nice holder/clip for the Photon.

It's probably not as good as the BP Micro Clip but, I am still
going to get some in addition to trying a BP Micro Clip.

Glenn

Darell

Flashaholic
The BP clip is a think of rare beauty and function. The only way to make the shipping work in your favor is to buy a ton of them like I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am reviving this older thread to say that I ordered some of the Freedom clips and what my impressions of them are.

They are intended to clip and unclip easily on a split ring key ring and they work well for that use. They also hold very securely and seem strong. They seem well finished and attractive.

The main limitation is that the gate is stiff and doesn't open very wide. That is not a problem when clipping to something very narrow like a split ring, but is not well suited for clipping to anything bulky such as a belt loop. Or to be more specific, the unclipping part can be tricky. I have not used the similar Berkeley Point clip, so I cannot compare them.

Overall, I really like the lever style clips pictured above. But you cannot beat the price of the Freedom clip shipped for $1.25. At that price you are barely paying for the postage and the envelope.

Saaby

Flashaholic
The BP clip is just right on gate tension. I can honestly say I've never had anything accidently unclip from any of my BP clips, but they're simple to snap things off of and, with a little talent and practice, onto with just 1 hand.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just browsing around the sandwich shoppe and noticed that they have added a McGizmo original mini clip to their inventory. No picture available, but it's based on the original that McGizmo used to develop the BP mini clip. Certainly easier to find a few items to add to make up for shipping costs! Of course shipping is only about 1/4 what it is at BP anyway! Here's a direct link:

Sandwich shoppe mini clip

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened
I've used the Photon clip for a couple of weeks now and love it. Ordered a dozen just to keep some on hand. One thing I can do with it is clip it directly onto the neck of a pullover (golf) shirt and let my ARC AAA just hang there. It's great for walking around when your hands aren't free and you don't have a lanyard (the AAA normally lives on my key ring).

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a few of the new mini clips from the shoppe, so when they come in I'll report back on the differeces between them and the BP clips.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:...I can honestly say I've never had anything accidently unclip from any of my BP clips, but they're simple to snap things off of and, with a little talent and practice, onto with just 1 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried using one on a keychain? I used to carry my Arc AAA on a mini clip connected to my keychain, and had it come off many many times in my pocket. I gave up on them after that.

GoLightly

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen them in a store.

I'll pay a couple of bucks to support Berkley Point. The information on the site is worth it. Their clip is very well made. After 3 weeks of everyday use it hasn't come off my flexible keychain.

For the price, I will try the Photon clips too.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just today at work my coworker, with his Arc-LS hanging from his neck tether by a BP mini clip, was changing a pair of 12VDC 38AmpHour storage batteries.
He leaned over a bit too far and the BP mini clip shorted the batteries.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Lots of smoke, lots of sparks, melted battery lug, and a scorched shirt, but the BP mini clip survived.
The spring had lost all of it's 'sproing' but it was still in one piece -- one hot black piece.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved the mini clips that I ordered from The Sandwich Shoppe so I compared them to the Berkely point mini clip. The only difference as far as I can tell is the stamp on the side. Other than that, they look and function exactly the same. If you've been wanting a few of these but can't get a big enough order to make up for shipping from BP, these seem to be a great alternative!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I figured out how to "fix" the BP miniclips. The problem has been my keyring getting wedged underneath the clip spring, and unlatching it. I filed a deeper groove where the spring sits, and now I'll see what happens.

I still think they're a bit big for certain things like keychain lights (it won't even go through my Micra hole), so I ordered a few of those photon clips above. Looking forward to those. You can't go wrong for the price, and free shipping too.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hopefully by the end of July or more likely early August, the Mini-Clip will be joined by three smaller friends. The picture below is of some prototypes. The mini-clip is the largest at 35 mm in length followed by a 25 mm, 20 mm and a dinky 15 mm.

15-35-clips.jpg

These will be available from BP as well as on the shoppe and eventually elsewhere if I can get my rear in gear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif