Inova X1 Blue LED

no_fear

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an Inova X1 (http://inovalight.com/site.html?X1-ov) with a <font color="blue">blue</font> LED. This type of flashlight caught my attention after watching CSI because blue reveals things not seen in white light. So far, I've only been able to bring up florescent material (such as a highlighter). What can I do to make the flashlight reveal other things such as human fluid? I know that they have this orange glass, but I don't know what's it called (hence I don't know where to get it). Thanks for your help.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything orangey should work alright. It simply filters out the blue from the light, which overpowers the small amount of luminescence it produces from the fluids.

no_fear

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!!... now I just need to find something orange that's see through!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could dodgy up some doubled (or tripled) celophane. You should be able to get that from the shops extremely cheap! Hope it works.

no_fear

Newly Enlightened
What's Celophane and where would I get it? Hehe. Currently I'm using an orange disposable cup as a viewer.

Canuke

Enlightened
I've got some red-orange sunglasses from a Smirnoff promotion a few years back in Vegas, which work great for this purpose; among other things I discovered is that the clear bulbs on the LED's in my blue X5 fluouresce a dull red.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought a blue X1 yet. Does the blue led activate photoluminescent particles well? The green one doesn't.