Titanium Inova X0

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had one in hand yet? Any ideas on their availiblity to everyone? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif The waiting is killing me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hi mbt25!

The Inova XO does not have a Titanium body,it is made of Precision-machined aircraft aluminum,but i asume that you are refering to the colour.So far the XO has been difficult to get ones hand on. I am also eager to have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have a Inova X5,but i am thinking of by an XO instead.

Northern Star

machulu

Newly Enlightened
check: Bulldog Enterprises

I got mine this week and I'm pleased with the light. It's really bigger than I had anticipated even though I've seen numerous photos of the light in comparision with the X5. It's also heavier than I'm willing to carry. I like the design but I don't think it works well on such a big and heavy light. It simply doesn't feel to safe when gripping it because of the smooth and sleek design.

~Stephen

DaveH

Enlightened
I have an XO I just got from Meridian Tactical.. Yes, it's pretty big easily 1/3 bigger than an X5 including diameter.

It has a nice round beam, like the X-1 without much of sidespill, which I like. It is probably too big for those who EDC their lights, but for me it's fine to carry around when I want to do stuff in the dark.

I like it.

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
Nothernstar I was referring to the color. I have 2 X5's myself. I have ordered from somewhere besides Meridian or bulldog. I am thinking about cancelling my order else where and ordering from one of these two retailers. Do you know if they have any ready to ship or if I will have to wait there also? I guess I am asking if you were someone who was on the top of the wait list (DaveH and machulu) Thanks for your responses.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto the much bigger than I expected comments! Still, overall I am very pleased with it for the money.

standard.jpg

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I have an X0 I bought just today. I plan on testing it out this weekend.

With the recessed LED's it seems a very rugged type light. It will likely be a brief case carry light for me.

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
I found out that where I ordered from will start shipping out the first week of June. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are they so big? Even the t1 they are coming out with is huge for a one cell. What are they so overbuilt that burglers will use them to break and enter and then as rollers to get the safe out the door?

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
Optics, batteries and piston. Mostly optics. Use it to roll a safe with hmmm.

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Despite the aforementioned shortcomings regarding this light's bulk, I have to admit that it the farthest throwing 1W Luxeon light that I own. I already have the LSH (high dome)and numerous others but the ARC will still remain my EDC for normal tasks. BUT, when arriving home from work on 2nd shift, I'll be using the XO to light my somewhat long path from the driveway to the house as it really puts out a forward projecting beam. I've been met unexpectedly by nocturnal critters including skunks, copperheads, to name a few. Consequently I really depend on the long throw that this light features. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,

Abbie

Aten_Imago

Banned
Yes- I heard that the T3 uses the same optics but has a different heat sink and the tailclick switch is click On/Off + momentary + lock-out.

MI_Packer

Newly Enlightened
I received an X0 last week from Meridian. The size did surprise me a little, I guess I didn't expect it to be that much larger than my L4.

The finish has some blemishes and the stainless ring around the bezel did not have thread locker on it. At least I don't have to worry about that first scratch.

Compared to my L4 it's white and almost as bright in the hotspot. It makes my L4 look yellow/green. Certainly more side spill than my X1. Not as much side spill as an X5T but very much brighter.

The X1 or X5 fit next to my wallet in my back pocket - the L4 and X0 certainly don't.

I have a pre-order in with Meridian for the T3 and based on the X0 I think it will work well as a weapon light on my AR. I don't like having cords on weapon lights.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
What I like about this light:

Quality build, if you thought the X5 was built like tank, you will really like the XO.

Long throw for a 1 watt light, nice and white with good side spill.

Good run time of 3+ hours at full power.

Lens and tail switch built like a tank and they work. (XM-2 take note)

Feels real good in your hand.

What I do not like:

The XO seems to be over built, making it larger than it needs to be IMHO.

Overall I like this light better than my:
ARC LSH, X5, KL1 on E2E, XM-2.

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Viper said:
I have an X0 I bought just today. I plan on testing it out this weekend.

With the recessed LED's it seems a very rugged type light. It will likely be a brief case carry light for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Viper did you get a chance to test it out this past weeekend? Any thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Latest posts