• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: X3T !

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Brian, do a search for "want/need" and include "left testicle," "first born," "price no object," etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What the hell is with Lumaleds with good 5W's?

Larry

unnerv

Enlightened
BMStrong, just a little warning, I built a 2 cr2 mclux with a w3t w/ BB700 and while it is really bright it only stays on for about 5 minutes before it drops out of regulation. The CR2's just can't handle the current demand. If you shut it off for a few minutes you will again get the 5 minutes. It will run on 1 123A for longer than the 2 cr2's.

Good luck with the x3t

Patrick

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patrick: Any pics of this CR2 guy?

Larry: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian

unnerv

Enlightened
Here is a pic of it next to a standard 1 cell mclux. When I originally bought it, it was a 3 cell body that was definately carried, and to get rid of the worst of the scratches I decided to shorten it up a bit. The piece in the middle is what I cut off.

mcluxcr22.jpg

And a beamshot compared to the 1 cell Mclux with MM+ and R2H.

mcluxcr21.jpg

While much brighter, it only lasts a few minutes before dropping out of regulation. I actually did not notice this until about 2 or 3 months ago since I rarely use it for more than a few minutes at a time. Not a practical light but kinda fun to show off. Maybe if I used a BB500 or bb600 so it would stay lit, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Good luck with your project.

Patrick

ledlurker

Enlightened
I said it once, I will say it again. Any LED that is brighter than the lowest ranked Bin is an ANOMOLY. U is the most comment because it is built to the spec of the of the production line. The brighter leds are on the tail end of one side of the normal distribution curve. If the manufacturer could build X bin 5 watters all day long then there would be no U,V or W bins

Ditto for the Lux III and etc. How many U bin lux III's have been held here. What is the difference between a High ranked T lux III and low ranked U lux III: about 0.1 lumens