Looking for LED replacement for PR-15 bulb

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for an LED drop in replacement for an incandescent bulb. The printing on the bulb reads "PR-15 4.8v 0.5a". My preference would be a Luxeon flood. Anybody got any ideas?

Jim

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albert,

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate the info. That's exatly what I was looking for.

Jim

albert

Enlightened
Jim,

No problem at all. I will be using the Tektite LPR2 on my 2D Maglite when it landed in my hand soon.

Albert

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Albert and fivemega,

Thank you both for the info. At first I had no choices, now I have too many. I thought I had a problem trying to decide between several attractive choices, but then I remembered the CPF motto - "when in doubt buy both" . I now have 3 PR bulb replacements on order from three different sources.

Looks like I'll have to unretire some of those old incandescent lights and see what they look like with new LED bulbs.

Thanks again guys,

Jim

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to finding out the differences between the lights I ordered. I plan on starting out by sticking the replacement led's in this versatile but inexpensive light.

Jim

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Does anyone know which of these replacement LED bulbs will work better in a 3D Maglite? I know different reflectors give different results. I just dont know which one works the best with the Maglite reflector.