3D/4D Maglites at Walmart for $10.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I had to stop a Walmart yesterday, and I always check out the flashlight section, of course. I was looking for the keychain LED liht reported here. So I walked up and down the aisles, looking for them. A few aisles over, and a ways towards the back of the store, from the rest of the flashlights, was a big rack of flashlights; all on clearance.
Lots of lowgade flashlights, but there was 1 silver 3 D Maglite, and a bunch of 'pewter' 4 D Maglites on the rack.
shocked.gif
wink.gif
A quick trip to a nearby scanner showed them to be only $10!
grin.gif
They also had the fiber optic extension that its AA Maglites for $1.75.
I bought one each of the Maglites, because they were so cheap; and a few other things. Then I got to thinking; what about the other Wal-Marts in my area? The nearest one was about 15 miles away. Totaly wasted trip.
frown.gif

Absolutely nothing there. So, if you are near your Wal-mart, you might want to check it. I can't figure why they were closing out the 3D and 4D, in 'pewter' and silver, at about half price, when they had black, red and blue ones at the regular price. But at that price, who's complaining?
cool.gif

Might be worth a trip back. Take some of the ones in the regular section over to the scanner. Maybe they are all reduced.
wink.gif

Buy 'em out and sell them on eBay.
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone can get a SILVER 3D Mag for $10, will you get me two, PLEASE ?!?!
They are around $35 over here - I can do PayPal.

£ight£over
blush.gif
blush.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

(I'll have to mail a few of the UK guys about this. We get excited easily ......
maybe a group buy ?)

Velcro

Enlightened
Here in The Netherlands, Mag-Lites are pretty expensive compared to US prices.

For instance, I bought my 3D at one of the largest warehouses for around $31 and bought my 2AA at a dumpstore for $18. That are the lowest prices for those models, you can't get them any lower then that (except for discounts but that is very rare). Unfortunately the same warehouse recently raised it prices; the 3D is now around $44 (they used to have competitive prices)...

Some stores have very very high prices, like $60 for a 2C, $80 for a 4D, etc. I'm not kidding.
frown.gif

Greetings,
Velcro