Is this for real?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very long shutter speed. You can tell by the ground lights "blooming".

And photoshop.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say multiple long exposure shots superimposed together. No way could you capture that many strikes in a few minutes time. Anything longer then a few minutes, even at night, would overexpose even the dim lights. They could have used filters to get the multiple colors.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, most likely they used software to combine the shots, and could have adjust the colors also.

gromit

Newly Enlightened
It looks like a astronomy site. The options to do this are:
Several pictures overlaid using photoshop, using special color filters. Exposures up to 60 minutes per color are not unusual for astro photos.
Most likely a long exposure, or several short and each stike colored in photoshop.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually did something pretty similar a while back, though less complex. Took multiple shots with filters on, then superimposed each image on the other in software. Result was much like that.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gromit said:
It looks like a astronomy site. The options to do this are:
Several pictures overlaid using photoshop, using special color filters. Exposures up to 60 minutes per color are not unusual for astro photos.
Most likely a long exposure, or several short and each stike colored in photoshop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say several shots combined together. A 60 minute exposure would over expose the picture with the lights. Astronomical photos are taken in space, which is a lot darker then terrestrial shots.