Will the U2 throw as far as an E2E?

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to replace all my lights with the U2 if it throws even close to as far as my E2E. Anyone have any guesses or actual test data? Just curious.

maverick

Enlightened
I think it's anyone's guess right now! But given that the U2 puts out 40 lumens more than the E2e, I would guess (hope) so.

Kiu

Enlightened
PR/PRT with 3W DB917/1000 will outthrow E2e. I dont have a L5 and U2 not release yet, but I guess L5/U2 cant throw as far as E2e.(i may wrong)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M2 is fitted with a KL5 LED head and it produces a very nice floody beam as compared to the E2e. But if throw is concerned the difference between E2e and the L5 is very much similar.

I believe the U2 would only outperform the L5 by a slight margin in terms of throw but it is the 6 stage controls that tempts me.

luxlover

Banned
Since my only SureFire is an L1, and I see great merit in it's 2 lumen low beam, I think that any light that can offer us such a practical output, together with a mind boggling 100 lumens in the same device, is revolutionary and not evolutionary. The day the U2 will be released, will be a day that will live in infamy!

Luxlover (waiting patiently for the end of Summer 2004)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I believe it is safe to assume that the U2's ultimate throw will be comperable to the KL5. As others have suggested, if this is an acceptable output and range for the max or "to pend", all illumination needs at levels and distances shorter and lower than this should be well covered by the U2 on its lower levels. I am very anxious myself to get to try a U2 in various settings and get a feel for its dynamic range.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Frenchy,

PK is keeping me in the dark with the rest of you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Has anyone looked at his web site lately? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Good idea to post this link here, thanks Luxlover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Very, very nice shots of very very nice flashlights, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gifbut for the moment it's just a dream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Psychomodo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
...but for the moment it's just a dream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing you Frenchy - the dream will probably be a reality very soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
That is some good, inadvertent marketing! In each of those photo's of the U2, I kept imagining myself standing just off to the side of the image, out of the camera's reach. It was almost as if that was my U2 in the picture. Now I want a U2 even more. Damn you! I keep telling my buds at work that I'd never pay more $200+ for a flashlight.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yo.
U2 is a must /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
bernhard

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
would not pay 200.00 for a light....sheesh....I once paid 601.00 for a keychain light. What kind a flashaholics are you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif And yes, the light was worth every penny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif But then again...I got free shipping... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I paid $200.00 for my 9N about 10 years ago! I hope I can find one of these for less than $270.00 though. That kind of stings! But they're so pretty...

mapet

Newly Enlightened
u2_2.jpg

I hope so

jhereg

Enlightened
It looks like it is about the same size an an E2. (Although it might be a little bigger.) You should be able to throw the same distance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yepp, I saw a comparison photo where the U2 was just a tad smaller than the M2 ... and that is the only little complaint I have ... it's a bit one the huge side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard