PM-6 Switching revisited...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have never taken a good shining to my PM-6 due to the tailswitch. I really don't like push/twist tail caps.

I have tried several ways to use a Garrity Clickie, to no avail.

I did find that the tail cap from a Surefire G2 will screw right on to the PM-6, and will work perfectly with the Garrity Clickie.

As a benefit, the PM-6 is then only a tiny bit if any longer than a G2.

My PM-6 MIGHT get more use that way...

Question to all... who has replaced his stock G2 tail cap with the LO Tail cap from the G2Z????

And can I beg, borrow or steal a black G2 tail cap, don't require any guts, from one of y'all?

TIA!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I installed the garrity clickie inside the pm-6 tailcap mechanism.

The detailes were posted in the thread PM6 Clickie Replacement - What gives?, post #538191

It works very well and looks original from the inside and outside. It took only minutes to do. A drill or reamer is needed to enlarge one hole so that it fits like the tailcap was made for the clickie. A file will also be needed to shorten a brass stub. I can provide pictures if needed and if you are willing to wait.

In answer to your question, I have not used a G2 tailcap on a PM-6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is flashglightlens.com out of PM-6 clickies? I put one in my PM-6 w/ V2T-B750 and it worked like a charm.

Jon

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
StoneDog said:
Is flashglightlens.com out of PM-6 clickies? I put one in my PM-6 w/ V2T-B750 and it worked like a charm.

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

He must have them, since they are on sale for $10 buck$ right now...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'd really rather get a really cheap (or free) cast off G2 Tail Cap and use a Garrity Switch.

Really.

I put one of the better (of 5) lamp modules in it for a NICE beam, and I anticipate using it........

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
PBJS, fair enough but the clicky drop in is very nice - turns the PM-6 into a nice little light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon