• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Balrog bodies (BE1, BE1.5, BE2, BE3 & BE4)

balrog

Enlightened
STOCK LEVELS
Last updated 30-Oct 12:15 Sydney, Australia time (+10 hours GMT/UTC). A negative value indicates that there are none spare but indicates how many people are on the waiting list in the event that people with reservations drop out. The current orders can be seen at the end of this main post.

<ul type="square">[*]0 BE1 bare Al[*]4 BE1 HA black[*]13 BE1 HA natural[*]3 BE1.5 bare Al[*]7 BE1.5 HA black[*]36 BE1.5 HA natural[*]1 BE2 bare Al[*]1 BE2 HA black[*]2 BE2 HA natural[*]0 BE3 bare Al[*]3 BE3 HA black[*]10 BE3 HA natural[*]1 BE4 bare Al[*]1 BE4 HA black[*]6 BE4 HA natural[/list]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having a production of SureFire E series compatible bodies made. This includes a number of complete BE1, BE1.5, BE2 and BE3 bodies. The 'B' stands for 'balrog'. If you can think of a better naming system, let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The BE1.5 body is designed to fit a single Pila 150S battery and the BE3 is designed to fit either 3 CR123 or 2 Pila 150S batteries. The BE1 and BE2 bodies are the same length as the SureFire E1/E1e and E2/E2e bodies and will fit any battery that these will fit. The BE4 is designed to fit either 4 CR123 or 2 Pila 168S batteries. 'Complete body' means that they come with the o-rings and silicon grease on both threads. They do not come with a head or a tailcap. To make a complete flashlight you would also need a SureFire E series, McLux or Aleph series head, and a SureFire Z52 LOTC or Z57 clickie tailcap, or Aleph tailcap. NOTE: Haven't tried this with any Aleph parts but there's no reason why they wouldn't work.

These bodies have been designed to match the SureFire E1/E2/E1e/E2e bodies as closely as possible, but without the pocket clip and the 3 flat areas (to reduce cost). This means that they have the knurling and the flange at the head end of the body, similar to the E1e/E2e. The knurling on the BE bodies is not as course as the SF E bodies. Also gone is the little scallop at the tail end of the SF E bodies to help indicate the lockout position of the tailcap; you'll just have to guess where to turn the tailcap yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Three different finishes are avilable: Bare aluminium, HA natural and HA black. The hard anodised finishes cost $2.50 more than the bare aluminium finish. I'm making best efforts to have HA natural and HA black finishes match the SureFire HA natural and HA black finishes as closely as possible, but don't expect a perfect match. I'll post pictures of the completed bodies as soon as I have them.

The BE1.5 body, combined with a Pila 150S, could be run with the KL1, the KL4, the McLux/McLux PR/McLux PR-T and Aleph heads in various configurations, and other heads that will run on a Pila 168S. Under the McLux/Aleph umbrella this includes: Luxeon V with Badboy convertor, Luxeon III direct drive, high Vf Luxeon III with a Badboy or a low Vf Luxeon III with a Downboy. The light would be smaller than when using the E2e body but with shorter runtime, obviously. To give an idea, I currently run a Luxeon III TV0J with a BB750 and get just over 100 minutes of regulation (runtime chart). With the Pila 150S I estimate getting just over 70 minutes of regulation at the same brightness.

The BE3 body, combined with 3 CR123 or 2 Pila 150S, could run a KL1 but not the KL4. It could also run any of the McLux PR/PR-T and Aleph heads in various configurations, and other heads that will run on either 9V or 7.4V. Under the McLux/Aleph umbrella this includes: Luxeon V direct drive, Luxeon V with Downboy convertor, Luxeon III with a Downboy. Note that because 2xPila 150S iare 4 mm longer than 3xCR123, you will find that the Pilas will be a tight fit in the body and the CR123s will be a loose fit. It will work with both battery options as is, but it may work a little better for 3xCR123 with a small spacer.

The BE4 body, combined with 4 CR123 or 2 Pila 168S, can run heads such as the McLux/Aleph heads, or other SF heads that can accept 12V or 7.4V input. For 12V (4xCR123), springing to mind are lights using a Downboy convertor and either a Lux III or Lux V. For 7.4V (2x168S) see the above paragraph on the BE3 for some lights that these batteries could run.

If anyone wants to make a new reservation, or make changes to their existing reservation, please just post or PM the details reservation stating exactly what you want. You can check what I believe that your reservation is in the spreadsheets at the end of this post.

Batch 1 was made up of 30xBE1, 100xBE1.5, 30xBE2 and 50xBE3 bodies. All bodies from this batch have been reserved except some of the BE1.5 bodies. Unless you make a reservation consisting of only BE1.5 bodies, you will most likely be put into batch 2. All batch 1 bodies should be ready to ship on 13 September.

Batch 2 is currently in production now and consists of 50 BE4s and additional BE1s, BE2s and BE3s to meet demands. This means that all body types from BE1 to BE4 are still available. See the end of this post for the number of each body type available. All batch 2 bodies should be ready to ship around 17 September.

If you have made a reservation and I have all your bodies available and ready to ship, I will PM you indicating that it is time to pay and will ship the bodies off as soon as I have received your payment. You may pre-pay if you like, but this is not necessary.

Payment Instructions: First, find the total price of all the bodies in your order as per the list below. Next, add on to that the price of shipping as per the table further below. If you are paying via PayPal from funds other than a credit card, send me a PayPal to the address [email protected] to the value you have just calculated in US Dollars. If you are paying via PayPal from a credit card account you first need to add 3.5% (round down to the nearest cent) on the previous figure and send me a PayPal in US Dollars to the address [email protected]. In the PayPal comments you must include your CPF username as well as the exact order, including quantity and finish for each body type in your order. Sorry if I sound like a PayPal nazi here, but if the order is wrong it means extra work for both you and I to sort it out, and potentially extra fees for you if I have to reject a payment.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

Example: if you are purchasing 1 BE1 bare Al and a 2 BE1.5 HA natural, you live in the UK and are paying via cash, then send a PayPal to [email protected] for the amount of $17.50 + 2x$22.50 + $6.50 = $69.00USD. If instead you were paying for this order by credit card send a PayPal to [email protected] for the amount of ($17.50 + 2x$22.50 + $6.50) x 1.035 = $71.41USD. Also, you'd list your username and specify the three bodies in your order in the comments of the PayPal.

Exceptions: if you live in Australia, PM me to work out the shipping costs and to discuss payment method. Obviously if you've already paid, or we have previously discussed a different payment method you don't need to follow these instructions.

BE body prices (US dollars):
$17.50 BE1 with bare aluminium finish
$20.00 BE1 with hardcoating (natural or black)
$20.00 BE1.5 with bare aluminum finish
$22.50 BE1.5 with hardcoating (natural or black)
$22.50 BE2 with bare aluminium finish
$25.00 BE2 with hardcoating (natural or black)
$25.50 BE3 with bare aluminium finish
$28.00 BE3 with hardcoating (natural or black)
$28.50 BE4 with bare aluminium finish
$31.00 BE4 with hardcoating (natural or black)
$0.05 spare o-ring for tail-end of body
$0.06 spare o-ring for head-end of body

Note: each body includes two o-rings, one for the head and one for the tail-end of the body.

Shipping prices (US dollars) as of 6 September:
$4.75 Zone A - New Zealand
$5.50 Zone B - Asia/Pacific
$6.10 Zone C - USA/Canada/Middle East
$7.20 Zone D - Rest of World

Shipping is via Air mail and takes 3-10 days for delivery, based on the destination.

Update: Here's some photos of the various bodies in bare Aluminium and HA black finish:
batch1_1.jpg

batch1_2.jpg

batch1_3.jpg

batch1_4.jpg

batch1_5.jpg

ORDER STATUS
Updated 30-Oct 14:50 Sydney time (GMT/UTC +10 hours)

BEbodies_batch1.gif

BEbodies_batch2.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: Pila 150S bodies (E series compatible)

I'm also in for one, two if the price is reasonable!

sebast

Enlightened

I'm in too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one maybe two.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

flashworm

Newly Enlightened

interested if the price is right

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I reading this correctly? You can use a Pila 150S with a stock KL1 or KL4 head? Or do you mean a modified KL1/KL4 head?

BeagleLight

Flashaholic

Bill, yes. I find that the light output of a KL4 with a 168s to have no appreciable difference than that of a KL4 with 2xCR123s. The KL1 can work with 1, 2, or 3 CR123s, so it works fine with the 168s (though not as bright as with 3xCR123s). The 150s is the same as the 168s except lower capacity. Both 3.7V, the 150s being 1000mAH and the 168s 1400mAH.

HgRyu

Enlightened

I'm not interested in Pila 150S body but I want to get 2 X cr123a and or 1Xcr123a body and I'm sure that there are great demand on this body. You can find many posts "wanted E2E or E1E body" at B/S/T forum. So, I hope you can make two or three bodies for 150S Pila and 1,2 X cr123a.

Thanks.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BeagleLight said:
Bill, yes. I find that the light output of a KL4 with a 168s to have no appreciable difference than that of a KL4 with 2xCR123s. The KL1 can work with 1, 2, or 3 CR123s, so it works fine with the 168s (though not as bright as with 3xCR123s). The 150s is the same as the 168s except lower capacity. Both 3.7V, the 150s being 1000mAH and the 168s 1400mAH.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope your not fooling me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Two 123A is 6v but the Pila ia 3.7v. If what you say is true, it's what I thought. The KL4 is regulated so with the lower voltage, current is increased.

What kind of runtime do you get with the Pila's?

Wouldn't 3x123A with a KL1 be way too high input voltage or are these regualted heads also good at reducing higher input voltage? Wouldn't the KL4 be as good at handling higher input if the KL1 can? Maybe two of the yet to be released Li-Ion 123A?

balrog

Enlightened

So far the interest looks promising. I'm speaking to some anodisers today. Hopefully there'll be a price posted by the time that I have the protoype.

wptski, the KL1 accepts an input voltage of 3 - 9V. The Pilas at 3.7V are ideal since the LED voltage is around the 3.5V mark and the KL1 has less boosting/bucking to do and runs more efficiently. The KL4 uses a boost circuit and presumably takes from 3 - 6V. The lower the input voltage the higher the current draw from the batteries. A 123 can't supply enough current to keep the KL4 in regulation, but a Pila can. A KL4 with Pila 168S will run for about 50minutes, so I have read. I estimate 35 minutes on a Pila 150S, regualted.

HgRyu, I figure that there are enough 1x123 and 2x123 bodies out there since these are commercially produced by SureFire and Vital Gear (for the 1x123). Besides, you still need to get the tailcap. However a body with a kroll clickie, as has been made by Rothrandir could be just what you are after. I'm sure these will be made sometime soon.

Roth, pm replied.