May news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
"..the news of my demise has been greatly exagerated.."

Even though Arc has been under attack from many directions this year we are still here. Some of what has been going has been detailed here.

All this attention makes me blush. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If anything, I have gotten more spunky as a result. All these people copying our products, business models, marketing slogans, technology, philosophies, etc it is just too flattering..

It is so very hilarious everytime they claim to be original in their thinking and yet they weren't able to come out with anything exciting until they copied us? LOL.

Even though bad news taste so delicious, how about some good news?

- The chip problem in the AAA has been fixed
- We paid off R&C and got all of our stuff from them. They claim they will not be helping Peak anymore
- AAA/AA is back into production with a new shop (not up to full speed yet)
- The rate of defect on all of our products has now dropped below 0.5%
- We have a new partner in business who is going to be helping us manufacture a higher volume of parts for all of our lights
- We have a new programmer hired and he just completed the first section today
- I am interviewing electronic and mechanical engineers
- We have posted pics of the Arc5 prototype
- I have specified a new switch design for the Arc4
- We plan on selling rechargeable 123's for the Arc4/5
- We are settling all lawsuites
- Several other good things that I shouldn't let our competition know about

It is a pleasure to serve. Thank you so much for supporting us through this. Thanks to all who said we would get through this and believed in us even when things were very dark.

Peter Gransee

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news, Peter. Can't wait for the Arc 5, even though I'm still amazed by the Arc 4+ and using it every day (night).

GeforceFX

Newly Enlightened
You are the man keep up the Good work.! Can't wait for the arc 5 and i want to get an ls too hopefully see yall make some aa luxeon or aaa luxeons. Arc will always be my first and favorite. I paid 75 dollars on ebay just for an arc aaa cause i didn't have one then won another one for 50.00 ARC IS THE BEST>!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent news indeed.

What is the status of the LSH series? When (if ever) will the next batch come out?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Full speed ahead, Peter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. that is great news to hear thing are stabilizing for your endeavor. Looking forward to the 2004 CPF AAA and all the new lights in planning.

mporter

Newly Enlightened
Just keep your vision, your desire to make the best EDC lights in the world. I'll keep buying them and so will others.

It's a wonderful thing just to know that a company like Arc exists.

nexro

Enlightened
Good to hear that!
Can't wait to hear more about the Arc5 and also better versions of the Arc4+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nexro

Turt

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

W4DIZ

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Peter, that is great news. Please don't ever let the bread and butter products like the AAA fall out of production again, even if that means accepting delays in the high tech development programs.

If you don't mind saying, is the old shop doing the machine work for AAA's again, or are you building out already-made parts, or have you gotten the design loose somehow to find another shop?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go get them Peter! Great to know that things are getting better after the storm blows over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

nisshin

Enlightened
Wonderful news! Can't wait for the June edition! Really, news and rumors fly around at the speed of the Internet; similar stuff probably dogs other small companies as well, but we just don't know about it. It's no small tribute to Arc that we can share in the ups as well as the downs.

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened
Great news! Glad to hear you are still fighting the good fight. I look forward to the Arc 5, now the Arc 4 is what is next to my futon everynight. I love it's flexibility!

Mattman

Enlightened
Great news, Peter. It's good to hear that things are getting back on track and out little buddy the AAA will be back with us soon! You did forget this news item however:

-The Luxeon version of the AA has completed testing and should be available for purchase next week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts