How to bring peace to the ME: Give Arabs Nukes

Raven

Enlightened

maverick

Enlightened
Giving them nuclear weapons??!! Somehow I really don't think that's such a good idea.... I think the conflict between the Israelis' and the Palestinians is their own conflict and should stay that way. Personally, I really doubt there will ever be total peace in that region for a long time. Two sides with such deep hatred for each other will never be able to resolve anything with negotiations. What I'm trying to say is that in this case, it is better for the two sides to fight it out between themselves without external intervention. To this end, the international community should endeavour to stop supplying weapons to either sides, and certainly not arm one side with nuclear weapons!! How stupid can people get???!!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I have no hesitation in saying that we must consider giving the Arab side a large enough force, including a large enough nuclear force, to persuade Israel that it cannot simply do whatever it wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a case of PWI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a pretty strange notion.

Although, one side already has nuclear weapons (Israel).

One thing though... since the development of nuclear weapons, we haven't had any more WW IIIs. It has kind of put a lid on how crazy we will allow ourselves to get. Nobody wants to live in a country of glass-like slag heaps.

Even Pakistan and India are beginning to talk to each other (both now nuclear armed). It's a little crazy that such insane weapons seem to have this effect. I wonder if we can keep it just "tottering on the brink" forever.