ARC LS factory seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapet

Newly Enlightened
What actually is the difference between ARC LS factory seconds and standard ARCs?
Thanx

Shanghaied

Newly Enlightened
For a ARC LS it's usually anodizing blemishes and poorly matched anodizing colours and such, although people do seem to be happy with them.

I know you didn't ask this, but ARC4 seconds are a whole different story, sometimes involving the circuits drawing too much power at certain levels and such. May be someone who actually own a ARC4 second can explain better.

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
I have an LSH-P second, and honestly couldn't tell anything wrong with it. FWIW, I am partially color blind, so subtle hues of the led are not noticeable to me.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LSH-P factory second seemed to draw slightly more current from the battery than the one for which I paid full price. I'd guess it won't quite get a full two hours from a fresh cell.

You don't get a warranty on the factory seconds. Then again, for what you pay you could just buy two seconds, and keep one as a spare in case the other breaks.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, as they state, you could get anything (grab bag), including first runs, later runs, low domes, high domes, etc. They only garantee that it lights up, with 15 days to return it if you don't like it. No other warranties or promises about model, light output, tint, blemishes, etc. In the last few months I got a striped LSH-P and 2 First Runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.