• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired E series body poll

balrog

Enlightened
I'm currently looking to do a run of SureFire E series compatible bodies to fit the Pila 150S that will require a BYO SureFire tailcap as indicatd in this thread. As it happens, Rothrandir is getting the ball rolling on producing some E series compatible bodies that fit the 150S and some that fit a single CR123. His will come fitted with a Kroll clickie so will be a complete body. This thread will give you an idea of what Rothrandir is doing. Both body types would require you to supply your own SureFire or McLux head in order to make a complete light. We both intend to do high quality jobs with hard anodised finishes.

There is some potential doubling up of work here so this poll is to help establish what people are after and what body types to get produced. All things being equal, if you are interested in buying any custom E series bodies, please select any and all types of bodies that you would be interested in buying (pending price). I've tacked on a 2x123 body option for the hell of it. You can of course select more than one of the options below if you like - you can even select them all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Please don't vote if you have no interest in buying any of these bodies if they were to be produced. You should be able to see the result of the poll without voting.

Cheers on behalf of myself and Rothrandir.

balrog

Enlightened
About price, all I can say is that the different flavours will be comparable and the bodies should be affordable. The bodies with the kroll version would be a cheaper solution overall due to the fact that you would not need to obtain a separate tailcap. Of course, if you have spare tailcaps lying around, then that's not an issue.

E1 and E2 body clones are possible, should be pretty simple to do once the 150S bodies are nailed. I'll keep that in mind, but leave the poll as is for now.

BTW, when I click on "View the results of this poll" the window that pops up only lets me see the results for the first two options. Is this the case for everyone? Might be a bug in UBB threads.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
these are two seperate projects in which we happen to be overlapping each other.

a while ago, i made the pila 150s body, and it was my intention to "eventually" get a run of them done, with the 123 body that i'd made many many months prior.
several weeks ago, balrog posted a "wtb pila 150s body for sf heads" (or something like that), and i responded that i was planning on getting some made.

balrog decided that he wanted something different than what i was going to offer, so he looked into getting his own made. after which i contacted him to see if we could figure something out that we didn't step on each others toes.

right now the poll is to be used as an indicator for what quantity of each type of body. regardless of demand (unless it's non-existant or insanely overwhelming), i plan on getting the same number of units made, and work with a fellow cpfer to aid distribution and ease.
i believe balrogs plan is to test demand and make an approximate quantity(?) (sorry if that's not right).

as far as the bodies themselves, you can get more information in the thread that balrog posted to, but the design will be a bit different, it will look almost exactly like this one, but longer to accomodate the pila 150s.
prtheaddownshot123bod.jpg

(the 123 and 150s body are to be a match)

positives for kroll:
cheaper
smaller

positives for e series:
superior switching technology.

while these 2 bodies are very similar, they have 2 different design goals. the design goal of my design is sort of like the kiss principle. i wanted to keep everything as small and simple as i could.
balrogs primary concerns were to use a sf head and sf tailcap.

basically, these things are similar but different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
letting us know what style you would prefer would help us determine where to go from here.
(i'm guessing that the costs of the bodies themselves will be similar, with the main cost difference being the kroll vs eseries tailcaps)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
that would mean that Roth is my ticket for a 1x123 body then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
put me down for one Rothie!
bernhard

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
that would mean that Roth is my ticket for a 1x123 body then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
put me down for one Rothie!
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Me two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Pascal speechless?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
bernhard

P.S.: Roth, one 123 body for me!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I would like 1 2x123 body in HA III Nat that take surefire tailcaps! I got a Pila 600S that wants to be used with a KX2 head + SF McClicky! Been looking for proper body for days now! Pic is encouraging. Name your price guys!!:)

Last edited: