question about trademark names?

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
quick question, I have been seeing the name m*glight? why not just type the full name with out a * ? is there some kind of trademark thing or do people just not like that brand of light ?

sygyzy

Enlightened
The funniest thing I saw the other day is someone typed out maglite and when his text was quoted, the person who replied actually modified the quoted text to say m*glite

TheFire

Enlightened
I think it's mostly evidence of residual hard feelings with that particular company and it's legal department's entanglement with Arc.

UK Owl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Spacemarine said:
The more often the real name of this company apperars in the internet, the more results you get when you search for them in a search engine like www.google.com. This might be the main reason....

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a peek at this .

As regards to M*G's, they ARE a high quality and fairly robust flashlight (If not why would the plod favour them ?) when compared to most of the plastic rubbish dominating the market, however, their failure to embrace modern technologies through integration of Luxeon Star's or Nichia LED's, coupled with their business practices towards fledgling firms adopting such technologies, is cause of great resentment amongst members of this forum.

Latest posts