why doesnt the X200 have a lumen rating on it ???

oldeng95

Enlightened
I was just on their site, and I couldn't find it.
It is in fact a 3watt, guess 70-90
Interesting.....
PAUL

i7r7

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to get an X200 and I've done a lot of research.

According to One Knive Stop Shop (and other websites), it is rated at 60 lumens.

However, I think I did at one stage during my research process find somewhere that stated that the X200 has an 80 lumen output. Probably the theoretical output, could be reduced to 60 lumens to avoid thermal problems.

Jeff

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I am under the impression it is about 60 lumens as well. As to why they haven't rated it, apart from development (At the Brisy cpf meet Jeff identified that the x200 in the surefire catalogue didn't have the same led setup as the x200 I have), maybe there's difficulties involved with rating the led /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

For those who are interested,(Hi Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) try
HERE and HERE i started the second thread to find out for myself and also shed some light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif on the x200 (I have one now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Hope you find this helpful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Evidently those links didn't work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif - they worked in the preview page? Help please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've passing by so don't have the time to fix the link - it appears it's a search page which may be the reason why it doesn't work...

As to the X200 output - It appears SureFire have been more concerned getting product to users. I think that rating the output requires a number of units from production and it takes time. SureFire didn't have time, nor did they have excess units.

Indeed, the X200 proto-types in natural HA featured reflector bezels. The optic was not ready at that point but they needed to get proto-types out for evaluation and such.

Al