Were 1st Two SF's Irresponsible?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were 1st Two SF\'s Irresponsible?

I was bad. I'm addicted. I'm a Flashaholic. But was spending $100 worth of plastic for an E2e & G2 irresponsible, or did I already answer the question?

To "celebrate" my new job, which starts tomorrow, I rationalized buying my first SureFires. Guess I could tell my wife to forego a birthday gift in August.

I ordered them from Westforth Sports Mon.PM and got them at noon today, before my wife saw the UPS guy. Good thing, I think, cause I'll be on 1st shift for a few weeks until I go on the weekend shift. It must have been ment to be, karma, luck, whatever. What service and price. $71 for the E2e & $25 for the G2. What beautiful lights.

No more plastic for awhile. Honest. I promise. Now, how and when do I spill the beans? Maybe she won't notice.

E

EWestforth

Re: Were 1st Two SF\'s Irresponsible?

If you get caught, don't tell her you got them from us! I hope she doesn't own any guns! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to the club, it's all downhill from here on in.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope EWestForth is here to stay. Heard nothing but good things about him.

Congrats on the new job and the new lights.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks all. Yeah, I'll have to get a clickie for both of the lights, eventually. What do the SF & Garrity's cost? Is the Garrity available through the manufacturer or one of our supporting vendors?

No more lights for awhile. Except maybe an Arc AAA...for my wife, of course. And some spare lamps...the $1 123's are too good to pass up, but THAT'S IT...no more:)

Mark2

Enlightened

I love going downhill, much more so than going uphill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

E

EWestforth

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
I hope EWestForth is here to stay. Heard nothing but good things about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

jayfalsh,
I am always buying things and telling my wife it can be for my birthday or Christmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Usually by the time my birthday or Christmas rolls around she has softened a bit and lets me get something else anyway. As far as the credit card goes I usually dont say anything. She usually gets the bill hours before I get home and it gives her time to cool off. I learned not to tell her right away if I buy something. If I do I get this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif which means I have to spend a long time doing this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

LifeNRA, that's worked for me too. I guess we're lucky guys. I've got an out now that I couldn't believe. I actually talked my wife into letting me buy the lights that I already got! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif I can't believe I'm this bad. Usually my wife is the one who makes the stealth purchases. It's the CPF's fault - you guys made me do it. Maybe ranting politics with Sasha in the Underground is hardening me up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif I hope the little woman is gone for awhile on Saturday so I can say UPS came with my light - and then there's next Saturday.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Just bring out all the lights she already knows you have, and start playing with'em all the time bringing them wherever you guys go (oops, mebbe you already do this). But after a while she'll become immune to it and porbably "tne it out", at which point you gradually sneak the new SF's into the play routine. Worked for me, and now I have so many durn lights she cain't tell'em apart no how anyways!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the G2 is an excellent value. I have shown lights and people were impressed but when I told them the price, they still didn't think it was worth it. I don't think any common, non-knowledgeable flashlight person can gripe about spending $25 for the G2.