GM Supplier Discount -- Good Deal or Gimmick ???

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I recently found out I am eligible for the "GM Supplier Discount" which is the GM Employee Price PLUS 4%.

I really need a new car, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this GM Supplier Discount is really a GOOD DEAL or just a sales gimmick?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for any info you might have!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Yes, it's good and it's real. Employees buy for 5% less than invoice and Suppliers buy for 1% less than invoice. One of the other nice features is its no hassle, no haggle buying. You still get any rebates associated with the vehicle or special finance rates. A dealer doesn't have to honor GMS or GM employee price but you only see them do that on vehicles like the SSR, Corvette or other very limited availability vehicles. The reason for that is the dealer makes very little on those deals so he has the right to say no. For instance, I work for a dealership but they won't sell me a Vette or SSR at Employee pricing but they would for everything else and that would apply to you as well. I would be very surprised, or actually shocked to hear of a dealership that didn't honor the programs.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks, Dave, for the info.

A quick question: One of the vehicles I am interested in is the new Chevy Equinox. Since you work at a Chevy dealer, is there any feedback you can provide on the quality, etc. of the Equinox?

Thanks, Dave.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I haven't even driven an Equinox yet but not that you mention it I will. To soon to know anything about the vehicle other than it looks good.