Who Likes Fire?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a firepit in my backyard, and I'm out there almost every night (except when I'm on CPF). Sometimes I go out there in the winter and do fires, just to get out of the house.

Here's a shot I got one night.

fire1.jpg

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! What's an "Artbeats-Quality" photograph?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool photo!

I enjoy watching fire in controlled circumstances, with hypnotic flames. But it scary and terrifying when not under man's control. One of the most destructive forces out there.

I used to love the nightly firefalls at Yosemite when I was a kid.

GregR

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love fire!
flamethrower.gif
I started playing with matches when I was four, and it's only gotten worse. I'm a pyromaniac... always have been, always will be.

Peter

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Can I get in trouble here? I've been in the emergency room 4 times in my life- 3 for fairly serious burns. (I quit playing with pyrotechnics many years ago!) I hate fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Nice pic!!)

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Urz truely from a friends site, speaking to? (I think she's cute!)
mvc-540x.jpg

(Dumped the smokeless out of an '06 round and touched it off with a cig.- the "creature" appeared!)

Larry

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Double A. 500 homes were destroyed here in Canberra last year. It was very scary, traumatic, and very upsetting.

If it's contained, fire can be very relaxing, and therapeutic. Just don't let it get out.

Hope this doesn't sound too hypocrytical, when you look at my sig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
There goes another incongruous post/sig combo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Nice pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I like a good (under control) fire, but as someone who has experienced loosing a house due to fire, I completely agree an out of control fire is downright scary and very thourough... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
Fire! Fire! Fire! he, hee hm, hee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. any uncontrolled fire=bad, very bad. controlled fire = fun! lots and lots of fun! I have all ways liked pyrotechnics and fire's hypnotic effects, for a while I had the nickname of pyro as I all ways manned the camp fire and made it good!
I heard this in a movie, "kids that play with fire wet the bed" with the right protective undies it then sounds like a fair trade off to me! I am a fire breathing dragon and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I even own and operate the older brass blow torches that run off gasoline. light them cold and they can be a flamethrower
sadly though some of the real fun stuff is illegal so thats off limits, jail is not worth it for a hobby.
Any keep those torches a light and ALLWAYS have a fire extinguisher handy!

fx72

Newly Enlightened
Here are 2 shots that I would like to share. The first one was a suspended wooden box in a bonfire.

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where I live, there's not much drought, so forest fire's rarely happen. None that I can remember. House fires are usually caused by indoor carelessness or faulty wires.

My firepit is well contained, so I never had a problem. (Knock on wood) When I was younger though, I'd go to bonfires in the woods that would get pretty big. Sometimes 20 or 30 feet. We used to see how big we could get them, until the cops showed up one night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif After that, no more big fires in the woods. We sometimes would sneak in a build small ones though. Never did get caught. I think the cops didn't mind us in there, they just didn't want us building mombo fires.

Ha, the fun of being a kid. Brings back a lot of memories.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like fire when it keeps me warm and cooks my food. I don't like fire when it burns me. There is something about fire that brings out the kid in most grown men!

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
tvodrd-

Larry-is your cabin still standin" ? Bitchin' Flame Goddess you conjured-up.

Nice Fire pit photo at the top!