Arc4 + New Camera = Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

djabaley

Newly Enlightened
I thought you all would get a kick out of these, and nevermind the desk accessories...

A4-BODY.jpg

A4-LED.jpg

BTW, no problems with the Arc so far - nothing but praise!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, and glad to hear you're enjoying your Arc 4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey djabaley, welcome to CPF and stay awhile!
Nice to see your pics of a terrific light!
welcome again,
daloosh

djabaley

Newly Enlightened
Believe it or not, I took these using a new Sony DSC T-1 (off-site review). Although many people, myself included, were skeptical of its quality since it is both a Sony (some digital imaging stigma there) and so tiny, I decided to make a leap of faith and pick one up. I have been very pleased with its quality and useability so far. However, the cost of memory (uses Sony's new Memory Stick Pro Duo - $$$) and lack of tripod mount are major drawbacks. Sony now offers a case for the camera with a tripod mount that I plan to purchase ASAP so I can get some decent night shots from this thing.

About macro photography - creative lighting, a steady hand, and good close-focus ability (which was one selling point of the T-1 for me) are the keey to good shots.

djabaley

Newly Enlightened
Well, as with any camera where the flash is close to the lens, there are some problems with red-eye. The brightness of the flash can be adjusted downwards and it has a very good red-eye reduction mode (all of those only work if the user looks at the pre-flash light of course) that helps a fair amount. However, most of my low-light indoors pics do turn out to have red-eye. However, it's nothing that photoshop can't fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.