any football fans?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i loveeeeeee football american football. my fav teams are the huricanes in coledge and dolphins in pro both miami teams.so whats ya fav team?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
KC Chiefs.
I love football, and I hate that there is so much money for the players. I remember the "ice bowl". Now those guys loved to play the game!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I sort of "watch at" football on TV. I am more likely to want one team to lose more than the other to win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

It was MUCH more fun when I saw Friday Night Highschool ball live, and was a HOOT to watch the Rice Owls play the Cougars one year at Rice Stadium (and lose) but the kicker there was seeing the MOB at halftime!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

In principal I am against all the Houston teams. Because I didn't think for a minute they all needed new subsidized playpens to play in. I have never been in the Ballpark, nor the New Stadium at the Astro complex, nor the Toyota Center. And at this time, plan to NEVER visit them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
I'll be setting up a Candlepower yahoo fantasy league when the time comes around.
Hope you guys are interested.
The baseball league is going good so far.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe, wether you think the stadiums are a waste of money or whatever, I must say both Minute Maid and Reliant Stadium are verdy verdy nice... I was brought up in a just slightly conservative family so I did think they were both a waste of money and thought the Astrodome was really nice and interesting. But, Minute Maid is truly a beutiful place. Very clean and sleek, and if you read up on the facts of the place, its rather kewl too in that spec. As for Reliant Stadium, its just as inovative. Been there quite a few times for Games and Monster Truck shows. Large and in Charge. If you ever pick up some tickets, you really out to go and see what your taxes paid for. But thats just me...
PS, The new Toy Train sucks. But I did get to go on it for the first time and man its neat. But still, it too was a waste of money and isnt going to help the air one single bit. Anyways,
Cameron

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Texas Longhorns in a big way.

I am down to the point of having very little interest in pro Football for a number of reasons. I usually start watching during the playoff's. I like the Cowboys, Broncos, Texans.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
New England Patriots. Do they have enough gas for another Super Bowl? Maybe!

Sorry Raggie, I know you love your Dolphins, but I live up here in Patriot Nation!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Carolina Panthers. Dont rub it in too much Phaserburn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. That was a great Super Bowl anyway.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love coledge football to a course the huricanes is my team.but seems like 70% of there key players was drafted this year! so i dobnnt think they willdo to good this year

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I wouldn't be too sure about that raggie. U of M lost some players but they never have an absence of depth and continue to recruit well. Joining the ACC this year will give them two or three tough games but otherwise they should have plenty of time to work out the kinks and plenty of wins by the end of the season. OBTW, I can't stand U of M because of their on and off field antics and lack of discipline by the staff but they do have a great winning tradition. They stomped my Horns the last time we played so sour grapes abound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
I wouldn't be too sure about that raggie. U of M lost some players but they never have an absence of depth and continue to recruit well. Joining the ACC this year will give them two or three tough games but otherwise they should have plenty of time to work out the kinks and plenty of wins by the end of the season. OBTW, I can't stand U of M because of their on and off field antics and lack of discipline by the staff but they do have a great winning tradition. They stomped my Horns the last time we played so sour grapes abound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]i must admit i dont like some of there antics either.they realy need to work on that.sportmans ship is inportant part of game.sometimes they embasih me

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
devilgreEEB.gif

Thanks for Vilma. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

finssuck.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Rex

Newly Enlightened
Not really American football, but the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team walloped the Australian Wallabies last night.
Go Blacks!!!
Ok, back to AMerican football.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the pro's, I like "Da Bears"...in college, I hafta tell ya that I learned to say "Irish" before I learned to say "daddy". I'm a Notre Dame fanatic!!! They didn't give me too much to cheer about last year, but I've never been a "fair weather fan" (...I can't be; note my undying loyalty to the Cubs in MLB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif). A true fan doesn't change their loyalty the way most people change their socks...GO IRISH!!!

PJD