TNC's n cell....AWESOME!

coachbigdog

Enlightened
TNC\'s n cell....AWESOME!

Got my n cell today and I love it.It has a nice perfectly round hot spot with good side spill and very white! It's brighter than my arc AAA mod by ledasap,which is a great light in itself.Great work TNC!

billgr

Newly Enlightened
Re: TNC\'s n cell....AWESOME!

i looked seriously at buying this, but i couldn't figure out how to recharge the battery. my charger only accepts AA and AAA. does anyone have a link to an adapter that goes from N size to AA size for a charger?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
Got my n cell today and I love it.It has a nice perfectly round hot spot with good side spill and very white! It's brighter than my arc AAA mod by ledasap,which is a great light in itself.Great work TNC!

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon man, when i get my Keylux AA we can have a grudge match between the two!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Ok,but it'll be 2 against one,because I have a AA coming as well! I can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

billgr,TNC said he just uses a spring to charge it.It'll take regular n cells as well.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
Ok,but it'll be 2 against one,because I have a AA coming as well! I can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

aahh, drat!

don't you know that my flashlights have seniority since they are near SC's capital! (yeah i made that up cause it sounded good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) i need to go home and get some sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

RH ask in the other thread how these compared to Jetts N cell. The TNC is about 3/8" longer than Jetts N cell with the ARC AAA head installed. The TNC is also just a hair larger in diameter.

I did a quick comparison against my ARC4x and the TNC is about as bright as the ARC4 on level 8. The TNC has a larger hot spot. I didn't go through the different power levels to find the best match, but I thought this would give some idea of brightness.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

The higest level is 1 and the lowest is 16.

The TNC is dimmer than a BB400/McFlood or a Inova X5T.

The TNC seems to be about half way between a Infinity Ultra/ARC AA and the BB400 Q3.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened

I got mine today, #02 babe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif IMHO an excellent light. Bright woth very nice hotspot and sidespill. I'll be EDCing it from today, to see how it works out.
For the stats, from 1 meter it measures 100 lux exactly. Funny thing is Arc4+ that i have on 4th or 5th level measures 224 lux from 1 meter, but visually I was sure that TnC N cell was brighter, donno why, may be because the beam is whiter?
I guess AA versio will be brighter.
Great job Chris!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
billgr said:
i looked seriously at buying this, but i couldn't figure out how to recharge the battery. my charger only accepts AA and AAA. does anyone have a link to an adapter that goes from N size to AA size for a charger?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill, I believe you can use the charger you have and just get a spring or spacer as a conductor to complete the circuit btwn the battery and the contact on the charger.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Mrd 74 said:
Can someone post a picture of the TNC N cell beside the Arc AAA

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pic of it here on TNC's site which is a side by side with a Solitaire, hopefully it helps to give you an idea of the size?

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hoghead , I'm convinced that the battery in your keylux must need a charge because my keylux is signifigantly brighter than innova x5t and it's chasing my bb400/r2h but the keylux isn't too far behind. I could see a battery or two getting mixed into the charged pile when it hadn't been.

Personally I think this is THE coolest little light available right now. Beam is fantastic, it's a reflector with a big hotspot that doesn't get to the size of quarter when reading closeup plus it has good sidespill also, it's brighter than my ledsasap arc AAA mod or D'mo AAA mod, the machining/design is excellent , all joints lock in nice and snug with no odd high friction areas. The light is an excellent size for one hand use, much easier to use than arc aaa or jets ncell, the activation tension on the head is 'like budda' - perfect. Imho, this really is the most impressive small light available, I mean it's really in a league of its own, the only thing that comes close is the tubomate and ,no offense but ,mods are ,well, mods. I mean you can make a mustang as fast as a ferrari but it's still a mustang in feel, fit, and finish. This is a fantastic edc and the price is fantastic, really a new standard. If you like small lights and you don't buy one you are totally missing out.

stockwiz

Enlightened

I've been waiting so long for someone to fill this market... N cell luxeon with a GLASS lens anodized for my keychain.. I missed the non ano version but I won't miss out on the second run. My turbo nano mate has been a great companion the last few months, but I'm looking forward to putting it in retirement in favor of this new light.

83Venture

Enlightened

Mine was in the mail when I got home last night (P-10). 1 day to make if from the west coast to the east coast.

I have a Nano-Mate, the TnC is 2/8 inches longer. Face to face the TnC head will fit into the head of the Nano-Mate. Except for being about 1/8 inch shorter it is almost exactly the same size/shape as a chapstick.

When I took it from the package the first thing that struck me was how light it is, maybe I have gotten used to the weight of 123s.

Compared to the Nano-Mate it has a larger center hotspot and a smaller sidespill. Very smooth center and spill, closeup the Nano pattern is slightly ringy. The white wall test shows the TnC very white compared to a slight green tint on the Nano.

A very nice light. Glad that I jumped on the order when I ran across it, sort of wishing I had also ordered an AA version. Beleive TnC mentioned in another post he was considering making AA bodies for this. If he does guess I will have to send him some more money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really regret not placing an order when it was still available. Now gotta hope there'll be a 2nd run & be able to get an order in on time!

indenial

Enlightened

I was wondering if there could be a clear statement from someone at TNC regarding the availability issue. Will there even be a second run? If so, when? Etc, etc. Also, I recommend that he/they put up a regular post specifically for the purpose of providing the basic info regarding the light and any current updates as other manufacturer's have done for their CPF market. It saves a lot of time perusing through voluminous threads. Then again, I guess if you sell-out every product you make there's not much incentive to be more consumer friendly than you have to be. Wouldn't it be nice if all small businesses were that successful! Thanks.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened

N cel will be a production light later on, this was a proto run. Prod. run will have orange peel styl reflectors and will also have anodized coating. Chris posted about all that here and on his site.