Mag Lite LED

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have any info on Mag's new keychain led lights? Saw them on strategos but can't find anything else.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have my curiosity piqued.
An inovative mag? Wow, now, that's like that backwards universe thing, where cats chase dogs and television is educational...
I can't wait for news on that.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
..Got a link to the Staregos post, I can't find it...I'm curious..

--dan

[/ QUOTE ] Here you go Dan.... Link

Negeltu

Enlightened
Those look like the lights in the walgreens and highschool pharmacy stores up the road. I tried them out and they have a pretty bright led. They are using those lithium coin cells that the microlight and photon II use.

Mark2

Enlightened
I can't find any Maglites on that site. Or is "Ram Instrument" the same as Maglite?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ram is not Maglite. They make a (poor) tailcap for minimags, but AFAIK that is as close as their relationship is. Nothing about Mag LED's yet, I'm sure there will be a lot of posts about them when they are announced, but nothing yet.

-Keith

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a Radio Shack recently, and the clerk told me FOR CERTAIN that they had recently sold some Mag LED lights.
I have yet to verify that roumor.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Maglite LED...isn't that basically an oxymoron! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
I think once Mag comes out with LED lights, they'll do it the big way. Nobody will miss it, and many (most?) ordinary people will think that Mag once again leads the pack by introducing the latest technology. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sad thing is.....Mark2 is right.

That is very depressing indeed. We'll see what happens after that. It may be a good or bad thing. If Mag becomes popular with LEDs, then there will be more competition, there will be more popularity with LEDs, and then the production and progress of LED technology will speed up.

The bad thing is...it's Mag, and they will put every patent on there design so it may be impossible for other companies to develop there own lights.