Has anyone mod'd a 2 C m*g light with a 1/3/5W LED

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone mod\'d a 2 C m*g light with a 1/3/5W LED

Has anyone mod'd a 2 C m*g light with a 1/3 or 5W LED? I would be interested in all of the specifics.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: Has anyone mod\'d a 2 C m*g light with a 1/3/5W LED

it's been done a number of times by a number of different people.

it's quite a popular mod, and works very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

some things you'd need are a heatsink (i'd suggest the hotlips), a led (5w is most common with 2c, since you can use 3-123's) and the various materials to put it together.

i should have been in bed an hour ago, so i'll leave the further details to someone else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

balrog

Enlightened

I tried doing a 2C mod for a 3W that actually used 2C batteries but the brightest decently regulated combo was using a Badboy 500 and it lasted for 1.5 hours with regulation. This wasn't bright enough for me so I ended up using a Downboy 1000 that runs off either 3xCR123 or 2xPila 150A/S. The hotlips heatsink is an excellent way to mount the luxeon in the Mag and create an excellent path to take heat away from the Luxeon to the Mag body.

I wanted to do a 5W mod but haven't been able to find any W or X bins for it. I think that using a Luxeon V would be a good way to go.

Skulk

Newly Enlightened

You can make a 2C mod with a 1W. you can just get a "Hyper Circuit" from Elektrolumens. Along with a Hotlips heatsink. It'll run off of 2C batteries. It's easier to find good binned 1W than 3W or 5W....at least for me it is.

I also have a 5W and a 3W Mag...the 1W is almost just as bright as the 3W DD off 3C, just in a smaller package.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had been doing 3W "T" mods in the 2C using a MM+WO and 5W with 2x18650/18500 LiIons slightly resistored, both solutions are pretty nice.

Even better is a 1A to LED from 2 cell mystery circuit I can´t reveal for now - probably even brighter might be some other new circuit I´m supposed to get soon running of 2 cells at 1.1A to the LED - but even the MM+WO is a very decent circuit for this host if you have a not too high Vf emitter.

Klaus