Cabela's Extreme 5 LED Flashlight

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cabela\'s Extreme 5 LED Flashlight

Extreme LED Flashlight
Thanks to ultra-efficient LEDs that last up to five times longer than traditional bulbs on one set of batteries, these lights are the perfect sidekicks for extreme backcountry adventures. Choose from a compact 5-LED model, 10-LED version or a bright 20-LED light - all are constructed of rugged machined aluminum with O-ring seals to lock out moisture. 5- and 10-LED models have high/low settings. 20-LED has high/medium/low modes.
Available: 5 LEDs. Operates on 123 lithium batteries (included). Runs 75-150 hrs. Sheath included.

See it here.

I bought one of these during my last trip to Cabela's. It is a very good looking light - the most compact 2 CR123A based light that I have. 5 LEDs - slightly blue tint. High and low settings - lanyard attaches from the side, enabeling a perfect candle mode - recessed tail switch (at least on mine) feels "perfect". Sequence: low-high-off. The included sheath appears to be GOOD quality.

IT IS NOT REAL BRIGHT - with HIGH being a guesstimated one half the power of an INOVA X5T. Claimed runtimes of 75-150 hrs seem reasonable. If you want long runtime with moderate brightness in a handsome, compact format - check it out.

chumley

Enlightened
Re: Cabela\'s Extreme 5 LED Flashlight

I don't have one, but I went down to Cabela's with a buddy and he bought the 4AA 10 led model. That was his first led flashlight and he liked it. If I didn't already have the SL 4AA 7 led, I think I would have bought the Cabela's light. It is a great light for the money.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why do you think it's half as bright as the Inova X5T? Are they lower quality Chinese LEDs or are they just under driving some Nichias? For me, hearing that they are so much dimmer than the X5T, knock them out of contention for my LED fun money. The look nice though.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

RonM:
Yep. I believe they consciously decided to go with LONG runtimes as opposed to high brightness. Consider it a "supersized" CMG Infinity - and you have higher brightness AND longer runtime. It all depends what you want in a small light.