Turqoise Arc

Lonewolf

Enlightened
How many members have one of these? And id it that much brighter than an Arc LE. Please post pics if possible.

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
How many members have one of these? And id it that much brighter than an Arc LE. Please post pics if possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it's brighter than an Arc-AAA, *but* the light is much more wide angle. I believe Mr. Gransee mentioned that they use the wider angle light for the turquoise because the narrower angle ones are full of rings. So it's brighter, but the light has more spread to it.

I have a white and turquoise Arc-AAA, and an Arc-LE. I use the Arc-LE the most by far. It produces a much better 'beam' compared to the turquoise one, so that the lower total light output is less noticeable.

Of course you are aware there is a substantial cost difference between the two.
I ordered both a white Arc-AAA and a turquoise one at the same time, because I couldn't decide which would be better for me. I wound up using the white one much more than the turquoise one, because of the wider beam, and the color distortion the turquoise one gives.

When I got the Arc-LE, it instantly became my favorite of the three Arc flashlights.

I won't get into the debate about whether the Arc-LE is worth the extra expense; that's been gone over several times. But if I had to choose between the standard white Arc-AAA, and the turquoise one, I'd pick the white one. But, just like the CMG Infinity, if the maximum amount of light is most important, then the turquoise Arc-AAA is the winner.

Have I waffled sufficiently so as to make this completely worthless? I hope not.
confused.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi 5BY5... I carry both the Arc LE and the Arc turquoise AAA. (Along with an Arc green AAA and a Sure Fire E2!) The LE, AAA`s and the E2, IMHO, not only serve different purposes, but are fun to show to your non-flashaholic friends. "I wouldn`t leave home without them!"

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Thanks for the help I already have 2 Arc LE's and saw the output of the turquoise and was curious.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Thanks for the help I already have 2 Arc LE's and saw the output of the turquoise and was curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you already have 2 LE's, & get the turquoise AAA, you want use it very much. But hey, it is kind of a neat light. If you bought lights strictly for your needs, you probably wouldn't be reading & posting on this board. You'ld have 1 3D & 2 AA Maglights & have no concept of what a torch with an outstanding output looks like. TX
smile.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Actually txwest you aren't far off the mark for the longest time I have owned a AAA minimag and a 4D mag. Then one day in Walmart(after 9/11/01) I was looking for a light that would give me a long run time I settled on the Brinkmann Long Life. From that point I realised a whole new world of lighting instruments the LED. After that I went to the net to do some research found Pete's site and he of course led me here after reading all the info I got 2 LE's and now am waiting "patiently" for the LS and the E2e after which I will stop buying lights. Yea right LOL.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
5BY5.... you have stepped onto the proverbial "slippery slope", and it is already too late to get off of it. Like the rest of us, you will now have to learn to deal with it and forever live with it. May God have pity on your soul!

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Carpe Diem I am already contemplating buying a Scorpion just to hold me over and I am a little saddened to find out Peter may not have another batch of LS's for a while(read the manufactures thread). Oh well patience is a virtue and I don't have any.

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
Carpe Diem I am already contemplating buying a Scorpion just to hold me over and I am a little saddened to find out Peter may not have another batch of LS's for a while(read the manufactures thread). Oh well patience is a virtue and I don't have any.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi 5by5,

The scorpian is listed at 6500 candlepower. Does anyone know what the Arc-LS would be in terms of candlepower ? (Also, what would the LS (cyan) be ?)

thanks,

sylvestor.

confused.gif