Cute!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The teacher said to her six year old students,"Today we will learn about observation, proof, and truth!"

She then said, "Johnny, can you see the tree outside the window?"

Johnny said, "Yes."

She asked, "Can you see the grass?"

Johnny said, "Yes."

She then said, "Go outside, look up, and come back and report."

Johnny did so and returned.

The teacher asked, "What did you observe?"

Johnny said, "I saw the sky, and the tree and the grass I saw before."

The teacher said, "Very good. Your observations prove the existence of a tree, grass, and the sky. Do you know where God lives?"

Johnny said, "He lives in the sky."

The teacher then asked, "Did you see God when you looked into the sky, then?"

Johnny said, "No."

The teacher then said, "That is because God does not live in the sky, God does not exist, that is why you could not see God when you looked in the sky."

The teacher went on, "You have shown by observation the proof of the existence of grass, a tree, and the sky. By that same method, you have proven that God does not exist!"

A little hand in the back of the room went up, waving furiously. The teacher said, "Sally, do you have a question?"

Sally stood up and said, "Yes I do, can I ask Johnny a few questions?"

The teacher, pleased at how rapidly her student had begun to understand the power of truth through observation, said, "Of course!"

Sally turned to Johnny and said, "Did you see the tree, the grass and the sky?"

Johnny, by now bored with this whole thing, like most 6 year old boys would be, said, "Yes, I already said all those things!"

Sally then asked, "Do you see our teacher?"

Johnny replied, "Yes, she is standing right there!"

Sally asked, "Do you see our teachers brain?"

Johnny said, "No, I can't see her brain."

Sally then said, "Well then, by the power of observation, you have proven that though our teacher exists, she does not have a brain!" She promptly sat down to the laughter of all her classmates, leaving one VERY embarrassed 1st Grade teacher to splutter, "Its time for recess."

Bill

cosco

Newly Enlightened
I have heard similar story about the first man in the space - Gagarin. He did not meet God out there therefore God does not exist. Was the example of Russian atheistic propaganda.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Psalms 14:1 ¶<<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Jerry

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Addendum to the record: I believe it's the same one I believe in too. But, how can we know for sure? Guess I'll just have faith that it is:)

Avix

Newly Enlightened
good answer jay!, but what if you believe in more than one?

(and if religion doesn't play here, why was the original message posted?)

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things kids say, and religion has been OK, its those who become too bellicose who create the problems.

As for which God, I would only say, "The God in Whom YOU believe." It works for any Godly belief system.

Especially as no locale is noted!!

Bill

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the interest of keeping this on the track of funny things kids say, a friend of mine sent this email to me today. I'll have to alter it a bit for posting here which might remove some of the punch line impact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little girl and some construction workers that makes you believe that we CAN make a difference when we give a child the gift of our time...

A young family moved into a house next door to a vacant lot. One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them gems-in-the-rough, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot.  They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing a couple of dollars.

The little girl took this home  to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the two dollar "pay" she had received to the  bank the next day to start a savings account. When they got to the bank the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with the crew building the house next door to us." "My goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?" The little girl replied, "I will if those ---holes at Lowe's ever deliver the ---king sheet rock.."

[/ QUOTE ]

it's much funnier with the missing letters in place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I have to set a good example /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and thats hard enough for me on a good day...