Who's been watching DEADWOOD?

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
Who\'s been watching DEADWOOD?

Great show. Boggles my mind how far they've brought Al Swearingen. First couple episodes he came across pretty villainous. Now he's sort of a good bad guy, a lovable rogue. Sure do miss Wild Bill, but they couldn't have kept him around long without compromising ties with history, since Hickock was killed a day or two after he arrived there! It was his interplay with Seth Bullock that initially hooked me on the show, in fact. Saw Hickock's grave there years ago. Calamity Jane is right nearby, as I recall.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who\'s been watching DEADWOOD?

I've watched it. An R-rated horse opera. The profanity is one of the few things I find entertaining. Do you think there is a drinking game based on Swearingens use of the
word "----------!" I would have been falling down drunk within the first few mintues of this weeks episode.

Just noticied the new CPF Supporter Badge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened

Ya, "C--------r" seems to be the watchword. They've even got the non-English speaking Chinaman fluent with the word! I'd swear I've read somewhere that Ridley Scott researched the backround for the series exhaustively, and the language is a revisionist attempt at truth. Didn't even know our favorite word described above existed then! Did they even perform that act in the 19th century? Either way, Swearingen has turned its use into an art form.

freeze12

Enlightened

I have been watching it & really like the series & it is a highly rated show. Hope they plan on more shows in the future."Throw Him to the pigs"!!

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

We should take this "Underground". Hard to discuss the show in a G or PG format.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened

HBO, right after SOPRANOS on Sunday night, but repeating on HBO through the course of the week.