VIP AA Body/Adapter Interest

Otokoyama

Enlightened
While the details of the BBH and BH heads are being worked out, we prototyped an AA body for the VIP. This definitely changes the character of the VIP. It won't fit in the accessory pocket of your 5.11 pants any more, but should provide about 1.5x the runtime, is about 10% brighter, and is of course rechargeable with common NiMH AAs.

Here's a comparison of an AA body VIP:
C_AA.jpg

with the 123 body VIP:
C_123.jpg

Here's a shot of the AA body with the 123 body.
C_Both.jpg

This particular AA body uses slightly different fins, though a production AA body would use the same fin spacing as the production VIP power module.

So, two questions for you about-to-become VIP owners:

1) Is a rechargeable AA capability of interest?
2) If so, would you prefer an AA body, or an AA adapter that screws into the existing 123 body? An adapter might cost slightly less.

No estimate on cost is possible until a rough quantity can be determined, but I'd guess around $30 if there is interest in at least 50.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
My ISP is being cranky today, so the images sometimes show and sometimes don't.

If you're interested, please specify the model you'd be interested in: body or adapter. Thanks.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Oh yeah. I'll buy 2 of them. I prefer the 2AA bodies. However, if it swings toward the group wanting adapters I'll be happy with adapters.

This is great, Otok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

naromtap

Enlightened
I'd be up for an adaptor!

Out of interest, the 10% brightness increase would that apply to alkaline AA's aswell as NIMH's?

kevindick

Newly Enlightened
I prefer a body as opposed to an adapter. I assume this will run with 1.5V Lithium AAs?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I should have mentioned that the 10% brightness increase is at the highest level.

I have a vague understanding that NiMHs can deliver more current than lithiums which can deliver more current than alkalines, but haven't used either lithium or alkaline AA with the VIP.

MR Bulk would have to answer questions relating to the VIP electronics.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: VIP AA Body/Adapter Interest *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by raggie33

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take a body over an adapter. But either way I'll take one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif