Surefire L1 - pocket clip removal?

luxlover

Banned
Hello fellow SureFire lovers,

I have come to realize that the pocket clip on my L1 LumaMax light is "always in the way." Does anybody know how I can remove it, without doing collateral damage? I already tried to slowly press it out of the channel with the tip of a needlenose plier. It didn't move at all. It looks pretty well wedged in there. Any ideas?

Luxlover

maverick

Enlightened
just spray some WD-40 in the cracks and use a little more force... that's what I did with mine, and it worked...

luxlover

Banned
You are on the ball, maverick. I will try what you suggested, and get back to you. I assume that if I want to remount the clip, the removal process will not have damaged any components?

Ringleader

Newly Enlightened
Hi luxlover, I like the WD40 idea, then wait till it soakes in. Maybe using a strong cord or lanyard under the clip and giving a good pull, you'll have Sucess..! Let us know. Richard...

maverick

Enlightened
WD-40 really does do wonders! I just sprayed a bit on the hinges of a window which was very hard to open, and now it's fine again. Hey did you guys know that WD-40 can be used to clean up grease and dirt? That was one of the many recommended applications that WD-40 had on their website.... amazing stuff! Next they'll say it can cure cancers or something.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Geode

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Ringleader said:
Hi luxlover, I like the WD40 idea, then wait till it soakes in. Maybe using a strong cord or lanyard under the clip and giving a good pull, you'll have Sucess..! Let us know. Richard...

[/ QUOTE ]

The cord to pull of the clip is a great idea. I am having the same issue now with my L5.