TL-2, G2, or PM6

Boris

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to candlepower forums, but i'm begining to be adicted to flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I'm thinking to buy a flashlight to complement my X5T, wich is excelent for shot distances. i'm now looking for a long throw light. i think maybe the SL TL-2, SF G2, or PM6, but i cant decide. which of them, have the longest throw, and longest battery life? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif aditional factors?? any recomendation?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF!

You might also consider the Surefire E2e. It's the same size as your X5T. Don't forget the ARC AAA.

The PM6 has the most throw. The G2 is light and durable.

You could just bypass all these incandescents and get a Surefire A2. The A2 has a regulated incandescent with about 50 minutes of constant brightness and 3 LEDs rated at 20 hours of runtime.

Boris

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking for a flashlight under 50 USD. for me (since i don't live in the states) it's a litle expensive if i have to pay more than that.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you don't live in the U.S., I'd say your best bet is a Streamlight TL-2, because the run-cost is cheaper than the Surefire of Pelican (in terms of bulbs). The TL-2 comes with a spare bulb, and additional bulbs run about $6.00US.

--dan

paulr

Flashaholic
PM6 will have considerably more throw but is a bigger light. If you really want to minimize operating expenses, of course, get a Streamlight Strion (rechargeable). But the initial cost is a bit higher ($80 USD or so including charger).

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boris, the SL Scorpion has a devout following who like the rubber jacket and clickie tail switch. Just thought I'd mention this as it's about ten or more dollars cheaper than a TL-2. Same output and spare lamp. Then again, I just got a SF G2 for $25, but it lacks a clickie and spare lamp. The G2's beam is great - more flood & a little less throw than the Scorp

Boris

Newly Enlightened
I was seeing the scorpion also, and it seems like a good one, but i was thinkig, since i live in the tropic (hot and wet weather), that the ruber can get sticky when a little hot (if anyone has one, please tell me) away from that, i like the scorpion...
another thing, i heard that some of theese can melt the lens. does that apply to all of them?,

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to own a Scorpion and I have not had any problems with the rubber here in tropical Singapore. I gave up that light because I wanted to concentrate my lights collection in Surefire. But if you are worried then go for the TL-2. If you are getting Streamlight, get a few spare bulbs besides the 2 given to you. Both my Scorpion bulbs blow and I can't seem to find a dealer here in Singapore who is willing to do an order for me. I guess maybe it is too cheap for them to waste their effort.

amlim

Enlightened
sng arms here in sunny singapore has the spare bulbs but unfortunately at inflated prices. S$13 to 14 per bulb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif