What is on my Desktop?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed an icon on my desktop--and i have no idea what it is. it is only marked with this symbol: ~

it is 192 kb, and i cannot seem to open it appropriately. it totally goofed up word.

i did open it with notepad--kind of. i got a bunch of strange symbols, along with "main identity's contacts" and what appears to be names from my address book sprinkled within the "code".

what the heck is it???

ive scanned it with NAV, AVG, Adaware and Spybot--but it comes up clean.

any ideas???

Bob

was_jlh

Enlightened
Still got to work on that 22 minute barrier Bob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
This is kind of bizarre. I just got an email from my brother with a .vcf (??) attached. He said it was a "vCard," and had a cousin's address. Hotmail said it was ok and I saved it and scanned it with Norton to make sure. Upon opening it, I got the ~ on my desktop! (Just deleted it.) This makes twice, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif was_jlh! I may have something for you if it survives the anodizer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

was_jlh

Enlightened
Bob, just messing with ya.

Larry, glad it helped, something from Larry for me that requires anodizing ?!?!?!?!? At a loss for words, I wish it good luck!

idleprocess

Flashaholic
.VCF files are a common method of exporting entries from an outlook address book. They're a fast way to fill in multiple fields in an address book, although it's possible that they could also act as malware (read: viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, etc) vectors.