LED whackiness?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I tried to get onto Kevin Horton's LED site from Craig's webpage, but to no avail. the site seems to be down, or removed.

More specifically, I was interested in the LED that blinks until the Sun goes nova, as was the description on Craig's links page. So, does anyone have any info on this, or a similar idea? I'm assuming it was a homebrew project, and hopefully a not too difficult and expensive one.

Thanks.

Joe S.

B@rt

Flashaholic
As far as I know, it was about a blinking led powered by solar cells and backed-up by a rechargable battery.
Maybe this will help you any further.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackBart:
As far as I know, it was about a blinking led powered by solar cells and backed-up by a rechargable battery.
Maybe this will help you any further.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was backed up by a "super cap" and not a battery.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somthn a while back about energy suching antennas. just picks up stray RF. Heaven knows there is enough of that out there.

Jeff

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
WildRice said:
I read somthn a while back about energy suching antennas. just picks up stray RF. Heaven knows there is enough of that out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm not so sure about that. Now, if you made one that ran on hot air......or stupidity....

FWIW, we fiddled with this a lot of years ago. Broad band tuning and the best diodes we could find still didn't get us into the miliwatts (unless we cheated).

Doug Owen

Latest posts