Freebies from Company Reps

ferreter

Newly Enlightened
G'day All

I thought you would all like to hear about a company rep gave me some freebies today.

I work in a retail Hardware chain in Australia (for the few Aussie CPF'ers it's Bunnings Warehouse) and I always annoy the supplier reps for any freebies they might have in their cars (and haven't they had some good stuff over the years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif ) but the funniest one was today when one rep asked if I had camera as he had some duracell camera batteries that he could give me.

I told him I didn't have a camera but I had a flashlight so I'd take the batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif . It was fun seeing him try and work out what i'd said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif . I ended up having to show him my SF 6P and take the batteries out of it before he was convinced that it took 'camera' batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif . Admitedly flashlights that take CR123's are rarely seen down here but I couldn't help from laughing....

does anyone else manage to either get decent freebies out of reps or worry them like I was able to?

Ferreter

albert

Enlightened
All the times... free pens, free notepads, free calculators, free breakfast, lunch, dinner & supper, free beers, free holidays, free bjs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif, free quickies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif, free hampers, free cameras, free minimaglites BUT never free batteries... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif