Anyone seen these before?

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened

06010200.jpg

DRAGON T-12 PORTABLE SEARCHLIGHT
"The DRAGON T-12 provides portable high power projection lighting with replaceable NI-CAD (nickel cadmium) batteries to provide in field battery change-ability. System comes complete with 110 volt ac charger, 12 volt heavy duty power cord and shoulder strap. 100 watt high output tungsten element produces 45 minutes of incredible light output. Export version available."

06010500.jpg

DRAGON STAR PROJECTION SEARCHLIGHT
"One of the most powerful hand held search lights available, the DRAGON STAR projects an intense, wide angled light pattern over an area of 350 feet long by 100 feet wide. The DRAGON STAR provides more intense and much brighter illumination, larger and longer reaching light beam, and optional power supplies ofr extended operation. The DRAGON STAR is built in a sturdy MIL-SPEC single piece enclosure that is virtually unbreakable and built to withstand impact and harsh environmental conditions. The military specification battery is capable of withstanding high temperatiures and is designed with a service life of 8 years."

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the top one is the official heavy duty portable light used by Londons Metropolitan Police, and many Fire search squads.

I get the impression that they are mostly sold to the Government/Official bodies, though I did see one on sale in a security shop in London.

Manufacturers link at: http://www.civil-defence.org/products/lighting/lighting.html

Incidentally, the one Police search team person I spoke to about it said he wasn't very happy with the Dragon.

I don't know what exactly, but it might have been a question of reach, rather than wide angle search brightness. He did also say it wasn't ergonomically right or easy to use.

The Nitech range is said to be superior, and it is certainly lighter.

Lightlover
smile.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif